Re: Some Good Physics Books

> } >

> } > >> } > Readers of this newsgroup should find this information useful >> } > in selecting a good science book as a gift for the holiday season. >> } >> } I took the trouble to look at this list, and their is not even one >> } good physics text on it, just a large collection of pop science pulp. >> } >> } Harry C. >> >> The list and the site exist for one reason only: to justify the spam >> sent by the originator of the message. Gehzi Wing has been spamming >> many newsgroups for years, all to try to sell one book on that list. > >That disturbs me too, but not nearly as much as the fact that the list >fails to contain even one physics text of substance at either the >introductory, intermediate, or advanced level. > >I find it difficult to take seriously any list of book purporting to >address physics that lacks the nearly universal introductory physics >texts like Sears and Zemansky or Halliday and Resnick...let alone >anything more advanced. >

Hey it was told top selling books...

i never saw Landau/Lifschitz, Born, Sommerfeld, Bergmann Schäfer, Feynman...

on such a list...

But Däniken or von Buttlar, so all you can expect to find there popular rubbish..

but may be one of this books is able to be a christmas gift?

Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle