What type of cleaning agent(s) can embrittle PEBAX after contact?

We acquired a catheter component from a vendor that keeps breaking during use. Vendor states the root cause is a cleaning agent that is used to clean the inside of the tube that leaks onto the PEBAX layer and causes embrittlement. Vendor will not share the name of the cleaning agent citing it is proprietary, but we want to ensure the cleaning agents that we are using are not contributing to the degradation of the tube. Any suggestions?

Reply to
JS

We acquired a catheter component from a vendor that keeps breaking during use. Vendor states the root cause is a cleaning agent that is used to clean the inside of the tube that leaks onto the PEBAX layer and causes embrittlement. Vendor will not share the name of the cleaning agent citing it is proprietary, but we want to ensure the cleaning agents that we are using are not contributing to the degradation of the tube. Any suggestions?

Reply to
JS

replying to JS, Dr Joe webster wrote: Like all problems the devil is in the details and you have not provided details only additional questions! Medical plastics have a rich history of failure and poor design never assume anything from the vendor and question everything then do your own reverse engineering Experience has shown that in 90 percent of all cases the vendor is not providing you the key details and has left out key details and may be told themselves false assumptions. PEBAX has grades that fail in the presence of various chemicals it is a polyether blocked aside.Do your home work!w

Reply to
Dr Joe webster