Cosmetic display

How do I show Cosmetic features in a view again after they have been erased? The cosmetic button is greyed out. Rel. 2001.

Reply to
dakeb

You have to go to the Preview Tab and un-select the "with Preview" tick.

You can then reselect cosmetics.

Has this bug been fixed in WF?

Reply to
dakeb

No, it is exactly the same in WF. PTC's explanation is that 'this behavior is by design': since cosmetic features can't be previewed, their button is greyed out until you deselect the 'With Preview' checkbox. So as far as PTC is concerned, it is not a bug at all. What it certainly is, is a failure to apply good GUI design practices. Properly designed 'Show/Erase' dialog box would have allowed the user to select the 'Cosmetic Features' button and would have automatically overridden the 'With Preview' checkbox while the user is working on cosmetic features. But I guess nobody at PTC wanted to spend extra 15 minutes to code that in...

Reply to
Alex Sh.

Reply to
ceo arikeade

If there's a tab for cosmetics, click the tab and check the box. Then you should be able to select cosmetics. Of course, maybe my memory's off as I've used half a dozen versions since then. But I know this was never an easy, obvious one.

JANES

Reply to
JANES