Deckel Maho DMU 200P

We have got a deckel maho dmu 200P with TNC 430, 80P with TNC 430 &

60P with iTNC 530 5 axis machines & I have some queries related to their setup especially for pivot distance. Hope that I'll get my answers with this thread. 1- First of all I'd appreciate if you could tell me what pivot distance is & their measuring technique for these machines. 2- I have entered different pivot distances in the post processor while defining my machine there & each time I get a different output. And on the machine I've seen that the tool was cutting in the air. 3- What is the function of M128. A guy told me that the machine doesn't need a pivot distance in post processor & the controller does all the things itself. You only need to define a zero just like you define in a 3 axis job & you're done. Does it mean that I'll enter a zero in the post & with M128 in the output I'll be machining accurate parts? 4- I've experience with 3 axis machines. What else I need to do for the setup of these 5 axis machines as compared to 3 axis machines. 5- Has somebody got the post for any of these machines for Pro/nc. I'd be grateful if he or she is willing to share that with me.

Looking forward to your replies,

John Smith. snipped-for-privacy@consultant.com

Reply to
John Smith

Hi,

Did you receive any solution for this issue?

I face the similar issue and in need of post processor for Creo.

-- Dhinesh dhinesh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in

Reply to
Dhinesh

It really depends on what's demanding this information. I f it's the post processor, sounds like your post thinks y ou have a 4 axis machine with a rotary table. So, it migh t like to know how far from center of table rotation the part envelope extends, partly so it won't violate the mac hining envelope.

Much of the rest of this depends on u nderstanding both the machine, its capabilities and of yo ur post processor. Your machine documentation, for exampl e, will tell you what M128 means. These are highly machin e/pp dependent as they are essentially macros that can be /have been programmed to do something very specific. When called, the macro might put the machine into 5 axis mode , set certain xyz offsets, grab a certain stored start po int, kick a cutter into high speed and start reading coor dinates/angles, everything that would allow a ball cutter to produce a near sphere. I don't know what M128 does, b ut on machine like the 200P, that is the kind of thing an M128 could initiate.

You'd do better to start from sc ratch. Dump all the cheap, worthless, amateur junk that c omes with punkNC and just get to know your controller. Ge t all the dox you can, get to know the technical stuff, g et to know the people who know the technical stuff about your machine and controller. Once you know machine/contro ller, get to know similar machines and borrow one of thei r pps, then borrow another until you find one that works. That's all the science I can give you, son. It's chaos o ut there.

David Janes

"John Smith" wrote in messag e news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

[...]

John Smith. johnsmith200 snipped-for-privacy@consultant.com

Reply to