Differences between datecodes

I've been thrust back into the Pro/E world after a 3-year hiatus using SolidEdge. I remember using PTC's website to run a search or something that would show me bug reports that were resolved or open in each new datecode. That way I could get an idea whether the latest datecode was worth ordering/downloading.

Can anyone clue me in on this? Where do I find specifics before I have a CD in hand?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dgeesaman

Dave,

Go to the PTC Tech Support page and click on the Update Advisor link. You will enter your current datecode and your target datecode and it will generate a list of issues and resolutions...

Regards

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
peterbrown77

Exactly Dave, the link is

in most cases the last datecode is the more reliable version...

Good Luck ;-)

Ben.

Reply to
Ben-TSE

I had a web address that tabled all the different datecodes and evaluated them on stability. I can't seem to find that table again, if anyone would have that address, I'd like to have it again.

The "most" in you reply is true, there has been a few datecodes released that were a real disaster, hence the web address.

Good luck DE

Reply to
Doug Eicher

Thanks everyone, that's what I was looking for.

As for the assumption "the last datecode is the more reliable version", heh. It's wrong often enough that I always try to check.

Reply to
dgeesaman

Ben Loosli

Thanks Ben!