Drawing format

The Boss wants me to change the drawing format on existing drawings from "D" size to "A". They were all done with WF2. There are LOTS of drawings. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Peter.

Reply to
Peter

The Boss wants me to change the drawing format on existing drawings from "D" size to "A". They were all done with WF2. There are LOTS of drawings. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Peter.

Reply to
Peter

Do you have to change the scale of the views? (I would have thought so if you're going to A from D).

If not - that is, if the only thing you're changing is the format, then you could do the following:

Put all your drawing files in the same folder. Is there one D format file? Copy it into the same folder as the drawings. Erase everything except the format. Open the A format file, back it up into the same folder as the other stuff. You should now have the A format and the D format open, nothing else in session. Rename the A format D and rename the D format A. You wil need to rename one of them twice because you can't rename A to A when there is already a D in session.

You know, this is just file management, nothing that smart.

Reply to
graminator

Unfortunately each view on each drawing has to be re-scaled. And to add to the problem there are about six different "D" formats. It looks like it is going to be a lot of work that I could do without. I was hoping that someone has found an easier way. Thanks for your reply. Peter

Reply to
Peter

why your boss want to changed format ?

Reply to
henry1951

I think it was a customer request. But how does this help with my question? I suppose that the question should have been: "Is there an easy way to change from an existing format to a different format, along with the scaling of views and tables etc." Although judging from the replies it seems that there is not. Thanks for your replies. Peter

Reply to
Peter

If you printed your drawings to PDF you can print them easily to an A sized sheet, but of course everything gets smaller including the text. I think the only answer is "no". There is no easy way to do this. You could automate some of the process with mapkeys but that would still be time consuming.

Reply to
graminator