intralink relationships

Hi, I have created a single drawing for 10 assemblies and made a table showing the varying dimensions in the assemblies. I haven't checked into commonsapce yet. In future, when i checkout all the models should be checked out. I donot want to add all the 10 assemblies in the drawing as this will take a very long time to open the drawing. My concern is, can i use a intralink relationship to attach all the 10 assemblies to this drawing? if so, should i use unplaced member, or user defined relationship.

thanks raghu

Reply to
raghu

Hi, I have created a single drawing for 10 assemblies and made a table showing the varying dimensions in the assemblies. I haven't checked into commonsapce yet. In future, when i checkout all the models should be checked out. I donot want to add all the 10 assemblies in the drawing as this will take a very long time to open the drawing. My concern is, can i use a intralink relationship to attach all the 10 assemblies to this drawing? if so, should i use unplaced member, or user defined relationship.

thanks raghu

No direct experience with this, but it looks like you "Unplaced" or "BOM" as User Defined seems mostly for non-Pro/E data, like Word or Excel files you'd like to keep associated with a set of PRo/e digital data. I'm sure this "Unplaced" choice is quite adequate where no actual part/drawing data is required.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes