Mass and rigid connection Pro Mechanica

I'm using WF2, trying to simulate a beam frame and need to apply a mass on an external point in the space. I have created a rigid connection between a point belonging to a beam and a point in the space, then assigned a idealization mass to the point in the space but i'm getting an error for the mass is not attached to any element. If I substitute the mass with a force the rigid connection works. How can i make WF2 understand that the mass attached to the point in the space has to be considered through the rigid connection?

Thanks to everybody.

Reply to
Virus

frame

I tried the truss you described, including the point mass outside truss curves, but couldn't duplicate your results. Maybe it was because I created the mass at point, then did 'Insert>Connection>Rigid Connection'. I picked the point of the mass but it would only let me pick a curve, not another point. I wonder if it was because I created the Mass idealization first, then the rigid connection. In normal parlance, point to point connections offer the most freedom of movement, so they are the least opportune for defining 'rigid' connections. I wonder if this could have something to do with it. Did you create the second point referencing the first?

Reply to
David Janes

I have created three points, two of them are the basis for the beam, the third one is the point in space used as reference for the mass placement, then created rigid connection between beam point and mass point. I tried several sequences but i cannot get out of it. Always same message... Mass is not connected to any element... In the help files is written that this kind of modeling is possible, but it seems there is something wrong. Any other idea?

Thanks a lot

Reply to
Virus