Re: Opening Workspace disconnected from the Dataserver

Failing that, you can just launch ProE with the -w option. For example, if you have a workspace called 'housing' you can have an editable batch file on your desktop, and in it the line:

proewildfire -whousing

Note the lack of a space between the w and the workspace name. ProE will launch connected to the workspace, and you can check the items in when you reconnect, as they will be marked as Modified.

This works for 2001 as well.

Regards Peter Brown

Yes, you can do this. We are running Wildfire and Pro/INTRALINK 3.3. If > you are running differently, your mileage may vary. > > Start Pro/INTRALINK. When the initial dialog opens, select the "Launch > Pro/ENGINEER" button instead of the "Login" button. Select the workspace > you wish to work in and wait for Pro/E to start. An authorization window > will also open. Cancel this dialog window. A "Pro/INTRALINK connection > error" window will pop up. Select the "OK" button in that window. You may > see the authorization window a second time. If so, click Cancel again and > select OK on the error popup again. That's it! In your folder navigator > you will find your workspace just like you would if you were connected to > the dataserver. You can work on the files in that workspace as you > ordinarily would. > > Ron > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to open up an Intralink Workspace while being > > disconnected from the usual dataserver. > > > > I've got a notebook and would have liked carry on working at home with > > in my workspace, then submit to the commonspace when I'm connecting > > back to the network. > > > > Thank you
Reply to
Pete