Sketcher and making fillets (sort of)

While in sketcher Wildfire 2,with intern mangler turned on I'll use the fillet icon in hopes ( I say this because) 7 out of ten times I'll get a conic arc, not a true radius. Anyone know of an option, hidden config , christian/budist/muslim blessing before filleting to get a true arc, and not one of these silly RX,RY conics?

Reply to
Stu

Hit the flyout (">") to extend the toolbar. Hold cursor over each button momentarily. A "clue" will magically appear.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

You get 2 options. 1 to create a circular fillet, the other to create an elliptical fillet, which is what I end up with even tho I use the circular fillet option. :-(

A new Pro/Bug option maybe? build M080......

Reply to
Stu

Well, you've got me there. Don't recall ever seeing any references to either bug or option. To be quite honest I very rarely fillet / round sketcher entities so maybe ...

Reply to
Jeff Howard

When in sketcher go to utilities\ customize screen\ sketcher tools and pull out the fillet icon.

Reply to
kenny

Stu, why not leave the radii out of the sketch and create a radiu feature?

Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

The only thing that I've seen do this is getting the fillet tool and the radius tool mixed up. But when I consistently pick the fillet tool's radius icon, I click two adjacent sides and get a TRIMMED fillet. Slick as spit on a brass door knob. No incidents such as you describe. But, since you're an old pro and wouldn't make such a mistake, it must be something else going on. Have you checked into this with PTC tech support?

Reply to
David Janes