Sudden trouble with simple solids...

Hello,

while designing a plastic part using a lot of surface functionality (merging surfaces, then generating solids using quilts) I suddenly run into problems making a simple protrusion of a sketched rectangle - it either does not show up with its correct length but up to the next (solid) surface only or - even worse - it refuses to be created at all.

There are no suppressed or unregenerable features atop of it, about 200 features modeled yet and still some 100 to go.

How to find out what geometry makes the model go crazy?

BTW, ProE 2000i2 Build 370.

TIA

Walther

Reply to
Walther

If you're using surfaces you really ought to be using absolute accuracy, (about 0,02 is good)

If you aren't, set this and see if it fixes things.

Reply to
John Wade

I had a horrible experience a few years ago when relative accuracy would allow a feature to regenerate at one point in the model creation process, but when it was reordered later it failed, as the actual accuracy it was being created at was relative to the instantanous model size, and thus changing. I use abs accuracy as default, relative just doesn't like big parts with small features.

Reply to
John Wade

Most obviously that´s the point: big parts with small features...

So lucky me: ProE did regenerate "successfully" - normally it would take a deep breath from my patience (and a big chunk of computer memory) and then exit without saying goodbye (resp. generate a core-dump on unix systems like the ones I use).

Kind Regards

Walther

Reply to
Walther

At least Unix boxes would fall over repeatably, as opposed to the XP crash lottery.

Reply to
John Wade