WF 3 - Suppress by feature

Hi folks. In the past I used sometimes the function

Edit - Feature Operations - Suppress - Layer

(i.e. to suppress all rounds included in a specific layer )

I can't find this operation in WF3. Could you help me ??

Thanks Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

From the home page of the WF3 browser, there is a link to PTC's Menu mapper that will show you where a command has moved to.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Y're right, but , OF COURSE , the menu mapper for Part Modeling is not active. ;-) So ? Thank you for help. Bye Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

So, try here:

You get a full selection of modules and from/to releases. It lists 'Edit>Suppress' as the command, didn't see anything about 'By layer' as a choice. Might it be an option from the Layer Tree? Or 'Edit>Suppress' while a layer is highlighted. Don't have Pro/e in front of me, but I'd try highlighting the layer and doing RMB to see what's in that menu. Lots of stuff is getting moved into those context sensitive menus. And that stuff is NOT accounted for in Menu Mapper.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hi I'm sure because I have ProE WF2 in front of me. It's not necessary to open the Layer tree. It's a "old" function always available on EDIT / FEATURE OPERATIONS / SUPPRESS / BY LAYER Just to give a scenario : I have always used this function to suppress all feature of the same type. For instance I have a layer with all rounds included (layer with rules). Using above function I 'd be able to suppress all rounds in order to "simplify" the model.

In WF3 the function is not available on Layer Tree with RMB. And unfortunately now the MENU MAPPER is not active for PART MODELING. Bye

Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

I don't know the real answer, haven't seen WF3, yadadada list of standard disclaimers, but maybe this will help ...

In Layer Tree: Make sure (menu) Show -> Highlight Items on Screen is On. RMB the layer -> Select Items. Move the cursor over the graphics screen or Model Tree RMB -> Suppress.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Pro/e is gradually getting rid of all the old Menu Manager functionality that involved a series of separate floating menus/interfaces and is going toward a more integrated interface. I expect the 'Edit>Setup' and 'Edit>Feature Operations' and 'Edit>Component Operations' menus to be integrated into other interfaces. In this case, there seems to me to be no reason why you would not be able to go 'Edit>Suppress' and have either highlighted items, or items found with the search utility or items contained on a layer to be selected. These are, after all, just different methods of selection. And, fundementally, who cares HOW the list was compiled, as long as you can suppress it.

How about 'Edit>Suppress' with a layer highlighted?

Sorry, Menu Mapper, as I showed you in the link I inserted, is active whether you are in Pro/e or not. I'm sure I have no idea how you have concluded that "MENU MAPPER is not active for PART MODELING". There must be some misunderstanding here.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes