Subject Author Posted Replies

What's happened to this group?
Needed to look in here to aid a request from one of my pupils, and what has happened to the legions of posts about motors, mechanics and electronics? Used to be a thriving forum, but it's now almost...
17
17

'Lost in Space' actor Bob May dies
FYI... TMT 'Lost in Space' actor Bob May dies at 69 in Calif. By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer Greg Risling, Associated Press Writer Sun Jan 18, 8:26 pm ET LOS ANGELES =96 Bob May, who donned...

Steppers free to good home
The company I work for did some house cleaning and I now have a box of around 12 stepper motors to give away. They are mostly industrial demo or sample motors from 10 to 15 years ago. Most are around...

Excellent GPS Receiver in Taiwan, Ready Market provides the best sourcing services
In Taiwan, GPS suppliers besides taking over most international companies' orders, also successfully develop GPS watches for hiking, golfing and cycling. GPS receiver navigation devices have developed...

Pololu high-speed line follower robot demo at AHRC
A few months ago the videos on this site of a remarkably fast line follower were shown at the Atlanta Hobby Robot Club: member brought one in to the last club meeting and some others made a makeshift...

OT: Looking For An Electronics Newgroup
Hi, I am looking for a good electronics newsgroup. I found alt.electronics but it isn't too active. I following one a few years ago that was very active but cannot find it again (unless...
8
8

ROBOTIX 09 AT IIT KHARAGPUR (INDIA)
Hello Friends, this is to inform you all that , Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur presents before you ROBOTIX 09, the annual robotics competition as a part of KSHITIJ 09 (January 29,2009 to...

anatomy diagram (exploded view) of a bicycle ?
Hello everyone. I've been tearing apart old discard bicycles to get the 1/2 inch pitch gears and chains, etc. But if I knew what to call certain parts I'm sure I could find better insructions on the...
4
4

Where to a Lego NXT kit for less? Take #2
I am looking for a source to buy several Lego NXT kits. Where does one buy this kit for less than list price? Thanks TMT
27
27

3D from Image/Video
Dear Newsgroup-Members, I want to extract 3D information from either two or more images or video. It is sufficient to have approximated 3D information thus I do not need a full 3D model, but the depth...
6
6

Hunter Killer Robot
Looks like something outa Star Wars
9
9

Pictures Please - Animatronics / Mechanized Robots / Motorized Puppets
Hi, I am working on a new website and need pictures of Animatronics / Mechanized Robots / Motorized Puppets. I have started an ambitious project - but have no pictures of completed animatronics....

FA (UK Only) 80 off Stepper and Synchronous motors
Hi, I am having a clearout and am selling a bunch of steppers etc (some with gearboxes) on eBay. Auction ID is 250341453440 or can be found at : . Currently standing at the absolute bargain initial...
1
1

open source ooPIC.
ooPIC is now open source under GPL. Scott M. Savage
4
4

Dayton Diode
Hello, Man I have not posted on this board in forever. So, I feel kind of guilty posting this. I was watching an episode of Epic-Fu the other day (an internet video podcast of sorts) and the host...
2
2