Subject Author Posted Replies

Long distance readable( and writable) RFID reader+tags for robot localization
Hi Everyone, In these days, many vehicles are installed with RFID tags (E-Tags) for highway/freeway tool collections. The tool collection RFID readers are able to read the tags from a distance about...
9
9

PC-based control industrial robot arm
Hi, How can using a stardard PC to control the movement of a real industrial robot, for instance:PUMA. Did I need some special library of this robot? If yes, How can I get one? Tks. bruce
6
6

Servo control with PICAXE 18X
Hi all, I am currently working on a GCSE project involving a two wheel drived robot with a third wheel that will be used for turning. The third wheel will be controlled using a linkage to a servo. The...

Closed Doors !
Free Trade ? Forget it ... The US govt blocks competition in I.C.s expecially SRAM . You have heard about "dumping" The US Govt fined and punished Japaneese companys for competing selling SRAM in...
1
1

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - March 12, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Studies "Home Plate" from the West - sol 1125-1131, March 12, 2007: Spirit is healthy after wrapping up a week of remote sensing observations on the west side of the elevated circular...

can't change the C3088 pixelclock
Hi, I'm using the C3088 cam (OV6620) together with a AVR ATmega16 microcontroller. I can read and write to the cam's registers except for register 0x11, the Clock Rate Control register. I want to...

Seeking advise on miniature pneumatic actuators and solenoid valve for a percussion player mechanism
Hello, I want to experiment (just for fun) with a PC controlled percussion player mechanism. Initially I want to play with a small solenoid valve connected to a small pneumatic piston. Piston will...
8
8

Lego Mindstorm NXT
Hi, i've got a question; if i buy the lego mindstorm nxt kit, what can i build? can i build only the humanoid or also something else? Bye!
3
3

How to build a pleasure-bot?
Hi, I'm a loser and can never get pussy. Consequently I wish to build and program a robot that will service my sexual whims. Is this possible and how should I do it?
20
20

pic microcontrollers and output
i d like to know how pic controllers sent data via output one pin is setting as output and 0 is +5 volt and 1 is 0 volt i d like to know the way that happens when set a pin as output is giving +5 volt...
5
5

Further experimentation with servo PWM frequencies
As a follow up on a previous post ( I wanted to mention that today I implemented a feature where I can adjust PWM pulse frequencies on the fly. Whereas before I had found that my servos (Hitec...
2
2

How to locate/track a high intensity laser pointer spot on a live video?
Hi, I want to locate/track a high intensity laser pointer spot on a live video. * A web camera with USB interface is connected to a PC running Fedora Core 5 Linux (and optionally Windows XP pro). The...
21
21

CNC questions
--Well for starters you might want to post your needs to as this is the group with home shops and decent skillsets to do what needs to be done. From your description it doesn't sound like cnc is a...
2
2

Speech & Other Delays
Hello, While I am enthused with the progress that has been made the last 7 years with robotics, I have noticed that with Asimo & other robotic systems there is a 5 second (or longer) delay when...
4
4

reading analog signals on a MCU with only digital I/O
You need to look a little harder. The ADC08831IN and the ADC08832IN were about $2.51 quantity 1 (in stock). There are plenty in the $3-$4 range. Make sure that you do not over constrain your search. I...
10
10