AT89253 and SPI

Could someone please point to a good site on learning more about SPI between AT89S53 controllers. I am building a robot with the "brain" as one controller reading sensors through extra port through memory.

The problem is the motors are being controlled by another AT89S53 and I need to send a command to it through SPI communications. I have set it up and pulled a pin low to select the processor but, it does not look like my command is being sent through the SPI when I put on a scope. The clock on the SPI does not look like it is pulsing eather.

let me know if you would to see the code, or just point me a site so I can better understand SPI.

Thank you, dave

Reply to
subspaceguns

Well if it's an AVR device a good place to ask that question is at

I'm also very new to the Atmel micros. You didn't mention what language, assembly, C or BASIC? I'm using the BASCOM Basic compiler and SPI communication with external devices is a piece of cake with the AVR. If it's not AVR then someone there should still be able to point you in the right direction.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave