Close Approx of Sick Ladar & MM Wave Radar?

Hi All, I seriously need some help here... I am looking for Close approximation of Sick Ladar and MM wave Radar for Sensor Fusion project for obasacle avoidace project,....
Can any of you suggest which other cheaply available sensors would give equivalent output as Sick Ladar and MM Wave Radar.... so that initial system study could be conducted....
This Sensor Fusion concers detection of Object and other parameters for Obstacle avoidance..
Please Help! Regards Nataraj
On a recent discussion I was on about the Roomba vacuum, several laser-scanner methods were discussed. Here is one paper on the subject;
http://voronoi.sbp.ri.cmu.edu/~motion/papers/sbp_papers/integrated2/arras_laser_camera.pdf
He said, "In all our experiments we used the commercially available Acuity AccuRange4000LR. The Acuity sensor is a compromise between building a laser range finder by one's own and devices like the scanners of SICK (e.g. PLS100, LMS200)."
Another paper mentioned; http://www.ai.sri.com/~gerkey/roomba/index.html#links used this laser; scanner;
http://voronoi.sbp.ri.cmu.edu/~motion/papers/sbp_papers/integrated2/arras_laser_camera.pdf
I've also looked a bit into Microwave radar, having read about it in popular science many years ago. Of course, they are known for touting a technology well before it is viable. I did find some university stuff, but not commercial units for sale. The ones I came across, that seemed to have enough resolution for a mobile robot, had antennas that were way too large for anything less than a human-scale vehicle. Google the .edu domain for "microwave radar" or "MM Wave Radar".
Joe Dunfee
Thanx Joe... that was of great help...
What range do you need?
If it's a short-range application, under 1m, check out the Swiss Ranger.
            John Nagle
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

So is it for sale anywhere?
Mitch
Mitch Berkson wrote:

Contact: CSEM SA Badenerstrasse 569 P.O. Box CH-8048 Zrich Tel. +41 44 497 1411 Fax +41 44 497 1400 www.csem.ch
No affiliation, they just happen to be around the corner, and I have tested the device in the past.
Sjur
--
Visit us at the Still booth on
logistica (www.logistica-online.nl)