FS: Robotic centipede, featured on the cover of Nuts N Volts

for more info:

Blueeyedpop

Now that is cool.

Reply to
Greg Teets

What month was the magazine?

Reply to
Greg Teets

Thought you might make a few kits and sell them to uni's for experimenting with.

Reply to
Alex Gibson

(Sorry sent before I finished writing the post)

Thought you might make a few kits and sell them to uni's for experimenting with.

Hows the robotic arm going ? Doing anything else with it other than the magazine article ?

No plans for mating one of the mini pods or Tiny pods with something like Gordon McCombs tanks (that drive up to a wall and flip over then go back the other way)

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Alex, Thanks for the mentioning the Canopus. One thing I thought I'd clarify: because the tank uses a single set of treads (rather than opposing treads, two on top and two on the bottom) when the tank goes up a wall then flips, you have to reverse the motors to make it go the other way. The thing about a design like the Canopus is that it won't as easily get stuck when it does encounter a wall, and there are more ways to get out of the situation.

An accellerometer or tilt switch is handy so Canopus knows it's flipping, and that as it lands back down the motors should reverse. It's fun to watch it doing this.

-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Got a few things in the works... Not to spill too much, but looking at genetic algorithms, behavioral robotics, taking to the skies.

Looking at some of Gordon's excellent products for the behavioral robotics.

Reply to
Blueeyedpop