Good names for robotic dogs/pets

1. K9          (Doctor Who) 2. Sparky     (1939 World's Fair)
3. C.H.O.M.P.S. (From a movie of the same name) 4. Sprocket     (?) 5. Rusty 6. Buttons 7. Scraps     (I'm gonna use that one) 8. Gizmo     (Gremlins) 9. Chip 10. Dynomutt     (The Blue Falcon) 11. Jinx     (Space Camp) 12. Morpheous 12a. Matrix
Any others?

I think mine's just labelled "Unfinished" at the moment ;-)
Sophisticated, Homebrewed, Information- Technology-
Powered, Robotically Optimised, Dog Using Complex Electronic Resources

I thought that was the Segway Human Intelligent Transporter?
The Hermit wrote:

How about dumb*ss (from the movie "The Jerk")
:-)
Keith Youngblood wrote:

oops. got it wrong the dog's name was ****head. i think on TV it was the other...
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:40:38 GMT, The Hermit

Alexander Key wrote many children's books in the '50's and '60's, some of them about robots. I recall reading "Rivets and Sprockets" [two 'child' robots who are the main characters in the story] as a child in the '60's, and I see he wrote these other robot titles (that apparently the library didn't have at the time, else I would have read them): Sprockets - A Little Robot Bolts, A Robot Dog

As far as robot names from popular culture, there was "Robby The Robot" from the movie "Forbidden Planet", and of course from the "Lost In Space" TV series, the robot with the unimaginative name of "Robot." I've heard lots of names for various robots at the local club, <http://www.botlanta.org , one I recall from the vacuum robot contest is "Sir Sucks-A-Lot."
----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ben Bradley wrote:

The "Lost in Space" robot was B9. They just called it "robot". Of course with only one robot around there wasn't any problem.
Sort of like how Homer (in the Simpsons) calls his son "the boy".) -- D. Jay Newman
Jimmy Neutron calls his robotic dog "Goddard". He does tricks as well. When Jimmy says "play dead" Goddard immediately detonates in a large explosion, and then goes through a quick cycle of self-reassembly. Neat trick if you can pull it off!!
Cheers, R.
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, D. Jay Newman wrote:

My wife had a plate engraved with the name of my robot-in-progress:
"Hymie"
- Dave

"Get Smart"'s Hymie was a great robot

Shit, can't believe I forgot "Rover."

I can't believe you forgot Muffet! (From Battlestar Gallactica)
Muffit was a Daggit, played by Evie the Chimp.
--
Allan Keller
snipped-for-privacy@ica.net

Actually 'daggit' is just the word they used for dog. The original Muffet (Boxey's biological pet) was a daggit, the muffet I am talking about is the robot daggit (dog) that they built for him as a replacement after the Cylons killed the original Muffet. Boxey still referred to Muffet as a daggit though.
[ Once you know it is really a chimp in a dog suit it really spoils the whole effect :( ]
At about the time of 8/11/2004 3:40 PM, The Hermit stated the following:

The robots we have at work (They are used to move mail around the building...it's a BIG building) are named Zippy, Scooter, Robby, and I can't remember the last one.
--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been encoded to reduce spam.