Good names for robotic dogs/pets

  1. K9 (Doctor Who)
  2. Sparky (1939 World's Fair)
  3. C.H.O.M.P.S. (From a movie of the same name)
  4. Sprocket (?)
  5. Rusty
  6. Buttons
  7. Scraps (I'm gonna use that one)
  8. Gizmo (Gremlins)
  9. Chip
  10. Dynomutt (The Blue Falcon)
  11. Jinx (Space Camp)
  12. Morpheous
12a. Matrix

Any others?

Reply to
The Hermit

I think mine's just labelled "Unfinished" at the moment ;-)

Reply to
Tom McEwan

Sophisticated, Homebrewed, Information- Technology-

Powered, Robotically Optimised, Dog Using Complex Electronic Resources

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I thought that was the Segway Human Intelligent Transporter?

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

How about dumb*ss (from the movie "The Jerk")

:-)

Reply to
Keith Youngblood

oops. got it wrong the dog's name was ****head. i think on TV it was the other...

Reply to
Keith Youngblood

Alexander Key wrote many children's books in the '50's and '60's, some of them about robots. I recall reading "Rivets and Sprockets" [two 'child' robots who are the main characters in the story] as a child in the '60's, and I see he wrote these other robot titles (that apparently the library didn't have at the time, else I would have read them): Sprockets - A Little Robot Bolts, A Robot Dog

As far as robot names from popular culture, there was "Robby The Robot" from the movie "Forbidden Planet", and of course from the "Lost In Space" TV series, the robot with the unimaginative name of "Robot." I've heard lots of names for various robots at the local club, , one I recall from the vacuum robot contest is "Sir Sucks-A-Lot."

-----

Ben Bradley

The "Lost in Space" robot was B9. They just called it "robot". Of course with only one robot around there wasn't any problem.

Sort of like how Homer (in the Simpsons) calls his son "the boy".)

-- D. Jay Newman

Reply to
D. Jay Newman

Jimmy Neutron calls his robotic dog "Goddard". He does tricks as well. When Jimmy says "play dead" Goddard immediately detonates in a large explosion, and then goes through a quick cycle of self-reassembly. Neat trick if you can pull it off!!

Cheers, R.

Reply to
spam

My wife had a plate engraved with the name of my robot-in-progress:

"Hymie"

- Dave

Reply to
David Gutow

"David Gutow" wrote in news:xCfUc.462606 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

"Get Smart"'s Hymie was a great robot

Reply to
The Hermit

The Hermit wrote in news:Xns9542BE0D692B5Jim@207.69.154.202:

Shit, can't believe I forgot "Rover."

Reply to
The Hermit

At about the time of 8/11/2004 3:40 PM, The Hermit stated the following:

The robots we have at work (They are used to move mail around the building...it's a BIG building) are named Zippy, Scooter, Robby, and I can't remember the last one.

Reply to
Daniel Rudy

I can't believe you forgot Muffet! (From Battlestar Gallactica)

Reply to
Bruce

Muffit was a Daggit, played by Evie the Chimp.

Reply to
Allan Keller

Actually 'daggit' is just the word they used for dog. The original Muffet (Boxey's biological pet) was a daggit, the muffet I am talking about is the robot daggit (dog) that they built for him as a replacement after the Cylons killed the original Muffet. Boxey still referred to Muffet as a daggit though.

[ Once you know it is really a chimp in a dog suit it really spoils the whole effect :( ]
Reply to
Bruce