[Help] Sick Laser Sensor

Hi all, for my thesis degree I'm using a Sick PLS 101 Laser Sensor.
I have some problem with communicatio protocol.....
does anyone have any information or examples about it?
I have a documetation about all the command the sensor can send or receive, but it does not explai the protocol very well.
If anyone can help me I will be very grateful......
Thak you a lot Walt
search google and one guy in CMU wrote up a linux driver (program) for SICK. I also developed a program or interface under linux/Unix and windows. if you have any question how to use those command in the manual, let me know.
Li