How connect GSM (cellular-phone) to microcontroler, reading dial-tones and dial a phonenumbers?

Well I think I'll start with PIC as my first microcontrol project, although PICAXE seems to be a nice think to! Though I have an other
question/problem:
I like to build a doorphone/door-code-lock through a GSM-phone, so Can I hook up a GSM (cellphone) and be able to autoanswer and read in the phone-dial-tones for remote controle? And can I call out using the hooked-on cellphone to let me communicate with the person on my door? Maybe with my old Nokia 6110 or Motorola Startac?
Thanks for already reading this!
PS: It seems I could not react through Google to my other post-replies on: "Is there a all-future build in microprocessor for a beginner?" and "I'm looking for (cheap) easy programable little pcb-microprocessor" I get "Unable to retrieve message snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com" !!!??? Any idea what I do wrong?
Thanks for the answers on that!

Ericsson and others make GSM nodules, with an RS232 port and the guts of a mobile phone inside. You can plug in a microphone & speaker for analog, but you can also do all the digital stuff through RS232 - dial numbers, answer calls. You can also go on the internet, do Text Messaging do Data vs Voice calls. Have a look at websites of phone companies for specs and info. I have a feeling that some mobiles can do this via a connector. The modules aren't too expensive.
A disadvantage of phones is you have to pay to keep a phone on the network, just to wait for the message to unlock your door. There are short range RF modules available which will interface to your microprocessor.
Roger
Roger Lascelles wrote:

    Are these devices and services available in the US of A ???
Roger Lascelles wrote:

network,
range RF

But calling without answering doesn't cost anything! ;-)
But calling without answering doesn't cost anything! ;-)
On 22 Dec 2004 10:14:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Michel) wrote:

I'd look at hacking one of the X10 TR16A touch tone controllers below. It answers a phone call, and can decode touch tones. Once it goes off hook, you probably could talk/listen to people at the front door via a handset or mic/speaker attached to it. Probably a lot cheaper than trying to use a cell phone.
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_tr16a.htm
Did you consider using a bluetooth enabled phone?
What way you could use the bluetooth interface to program the GSM phone.
Deepa -- http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio EventStudio 2.5 - Embedded System Modeling with Sequence Diagrams

Yes I have, but there no simple way to use bluetooth with a microcontroller-chip like Pixace. Is there?