Need good reference to derive Jacobian

I'd like to derive the Jacobian matrix for the Space Station RMS, so I wonder if the group can recommend a good reference book. Perhaps JJ
Craig's Intro to Robotics?
In particular I want to use the Jacobian to compute static end-effector loads using joint torques, as a potential backup for the existing SSRMS force/torque sensor.
Thanks for any advice.
Mike Ross