reference to an old topic

A while back there was a discussion of robotry having a too-small impact, and one remark (John Nagle?) was that labor is too cheap, noting the disappearance of "hands-free" car washes in favor of a crowd holding rags. The presentation by Rodney Brooks at a maker faire

labor costs in a larger context. The whole talk is very exciting, setting a view not seen by me as a learning voyeur, but confirming my firm intuition that roboticists are way more important than they games they "play".

Listening is a half-hour well spent.

Reply to
Bill Cooke

Thanks for the link. I did enjoy the talk even though I do not agree with many of Rodney's conclusions.

-Wayne

Reply to
Wayne C. Gramlich