Speakjet help

I'm working on a project involving a Speakjet and a PIC chip I'm programming in C and have run into some trouble. Anyone able to help
me out?

Let me give some more information:
I am using serial communication to a PIC chip programmed in C. When the setup is turned on, the Speakjet enunciates "Ready." Using the following code, I can cause it to enunciate "Ready" an additional time:
#include <16F877.h> #include <stdio.h> #use delay(clock 000000) #use rs232(baud00, xmit=PIN_D1)
void main() { delay_ms(2000); printf("\\0"); delay_ms(2000); printf("V"); }
--
However, I have tried a number of methods and I can't get it to say
anything else from the list of sounds in the Speakjet user manual
Benz wrote:

You may not get much response here, as the group (like many technical-oriented groups) has been subjected to a lot of "splorge" lately and this has caused some people to stay away. If you don't get a response, you might try the following Yhaoo group, which discusses this chip:
or ask on this forum, which serves as a kind of temporary haven until this newsgroup returns to normal:
http://robotpalace.com/forum /
-- Gordon