Tuning and its classificaton in robotics

Hi, My name is bruce here. I come across a new word "tuning" when I browser some technical documentation.And I googled it but can not find the exactly answers,
so any one can help me ?thank you!

"Tuning" means making fine adjustments. Without more context, I don't think you can get a more specific answer than that. Maybe you should quote the whole sentence or paragraph that puzzles you, so we can give a more specific explanation.
Best, - Joe

Thank you for your replying. For some confidental rules, I am not able to quote some sentence here.But This "tuning" is only ranged between something about motion control and something about servo."
Thank you.
Bruce wrote:

There's a whole theory associated with making systems with feedback work. Adjusting the variables involved is called "controller tuning". Any feedback system with significant inertia or lag can oscillate, and making such systems stable requires controller tuning.
This may be helpful:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
                John Nagle
Thanks for your kindly help.I get the information now.