Vic-Rel Help Needed

I am trying to control some motors and lights with a Vic-Rel but the instruction book is pathetic. I am trying to create a robot project
utilizing a Cd. If anyone has any experience with this device or knows any sites that can help me please let me know!!
Andy

This is just a guess but I think you want a C64 to react in an appropriate way to equipment that ouputs analog voltages. I found a program in the COMMODORE 64 PROGRAMMERS REFERENCE GUIDE for reading data from paddles on page 346. Paddles are variable electrical resistors. You may be able to convert a resistance reading to a voltage reading. Paddles are plugged into joystick ports. Joystick port schematics are on page 395 of the C64 PRG.
You can download the C64 PRG from:
http://project64.c64.org/hw/c64.html