101 uses for an A10-PT

First you must learn to defend against an assailant armed with a banana.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Alright, that's IT.

This thread has become TOO SILLY, and I'm putting a stop to it right now.

That's it, pack it up!

Reply to
BB

Reply to
RayDunakin

I think this was such a burning question that S+T felt it necessary to issue an "Official Interpretation" to the effect that adhesive attachments (tape, glued thrust-rings, etc.) to the outside of the motor did not constitute "modifications" for purposes of evaluating "safety code compliance".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

If you'd ever studied topology, you'd know that "the external surface" covers the entire outside surface of the motor, even the hole where the ejection charge isn't...

With the possible exception of Hypertek motors :-)

Bob Kaplow

Bingo! Give the man a cigar!

Speaking of which, I need some empty cigar tubes or the equivalent. 6" or longer prefered. Any ideas where I might get some, without the cigars?

Bob Kaplow

Still pretty hard. An old NAR member who ended up working for Centuri / Estes told me about the time a fire marshall harassed them at a trade show. He told the guy the motors were dummies, and to prove it snuffed out a cigarette in one. LIVE MOTOR!

Bob Kaplow

I have studied topology, but I know that particular argument wouldn't hold up in court as a defense against, say, a rape charge. Probably not with NAR S&T, either.

"But your honor, that depends on what your definition of IN is!"

Besides, what if your motor was shaped like a Klein bottle?

Now excuse me, I have to dodge this tree....

Reply to
BB

It works more of the time with APCP.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You didn't alter the motor. You just secured it to the airframe! ;)

BTW, I hope you aren't thinking I am one of those anal range Nazi's. I just posted the rule cause Jerry was asking what rule I was referring to...and that I fudge on occasionally when I launch privately.

tim

Reply to
tim

Exactly.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Trying to improve on Sonny Bono?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes how phunnie is THAT!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Only if it's a Catholic church!

If it's Southern Baptist, it'll probably take out the chicken and pot roast, and maybe even a couple of bowls of baked beans. ;)

Reply to
tim

I see that my work news feed died sometime this afternoon and my response never appeared.

I attempted to ask if your definition of external surface could be extrapolated to your own body.

-Shread "Gerbils are for external use only" Vector NRA #1 Paramoount Leader

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I thought they were illegal in California anyway.

(Like the former Apogee "micro" motors, I guess they never got properly submitted to the CSFM "Registered Pyrotechnics" program...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Gerbils are not "Pyrotechnic Devices" and so they do not require the CSFM Classification.

Of course, you may use them in a way that makes you see fireworks....

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Gerbils are perfectly legal. You're thinking of ferrets...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Hmmm... Is that a 'family' magazine?

Another one to add to the rmr spelling list.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

something to a motor.....

NAR used to allow people to epoxy motors together. they even had articles in model racketeer on how to do it.

Some people wrote articles in Mod Roc about using B6.2 motors as boosters motors for delayed staging and did R&D reports on them.

OH my, they even had to dig ejection charges out to do so, the humanity.

/ArtU

something to a motor.....

Reply to
Art Upton