A10 Grey

I am about to build a Tamiya A-10 Warthog. I am adding in the Eduard photo etch set and the Two Bobs Bagram decals.

My question is, as I have to order the paint on line, the Bagram decals seem to be in low viz grey. Does anyone have either an Xtracrylix or LifeColor reference for this? Also, am I right or is it in two tone grey? In which case are there any references for the two colours?

Sorry to ask before I get the decals as the answer is probably there but I am building this as a present for a friend in the US and I need to get everything in place as I only have a short space of time. Knowing how variable Hannants can be (just for once I am using their mail order rather than driving up there) I am trying to get a bit ahead of the game.

Thanks in advance

David

Reply to
David Pennington

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, David Pennington at snipped-for-privacy@totallyobjects.com wrote on 4/29/05 6:44 AM:

Recent A-10s are painted in the tactical Compass Ghost scheme. There are two greys: Light Ghost Grey FS. 36375 (Xtracrylix 1136, LifeColor UA026) and Dark Ghost Grey FS. 36320 (Xtc 1137, LC UA027). If there's a false cockpit on the bottom, it's probably Gunship Grey FS. 36118 (Xtc 1130, LC ?).

Pip Moss

I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss

Thanks that has enabled me to get the paints ordered with the model which has saved me a lot of time. I am making this for a friend in Connecticut and I am visiting him in about 7 weeks. He lives close to Bradley Field and has a great feeling for these planes. I have managed to find some decals for the CT ANG, so the Bagram ones will be sidelined for now,and these colours seem to be the ones.

Mind you, as my normal time to completion is either 2 days for a Frog Sea Hawk - reliving my childhood or 5 years, which is currently the estimated elapsed time for an AM Avenger, I must get working fast. Also, getting it to the US from the UK in hold luggage might challenge my packing ability.

Thanks for the speedy help.

David

Reply to
David Pennington