10X Mars Lander Update

David, Do you have any more video of rockets taking out targets on the ground? The BATF is looking for more footage like this to prove we can hit and kill a tank at 5 miles.

steve

Reply to
system user

I know, but I figured we could get a good argument going. I just had a long discussion with someone about the way to spell Neandertal.

Zooty

Maybe I should stick to chocolate covered manhole covers.

Reply to
zoot

You and Kurt (no, not the chicken one)...

David Erbas-White

P.S. and for those who TOOK the geek test, my first golden retriever was named "Winston Niles Rumsfoord III".

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Yup, I know you might say what were we thinking...

Let's just say, I promised my wife that it would not return to the garage for storage. :)

Mike Stoop

Reply to
Mike Stoop

Mark,

I just used QT to convert to a MOV file. Try this one.

-Mike Stoop

Reply to
Mike Stoop

Most rockets return as piles of wreckage. You violated the laws of rocket karma!

Good news is the new owner is just as enthusiastic as you are and has an unlimited motor budget to boot!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

6.8mb

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Pretty Pete of Cleveland was our golden.

Best animal ever.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Our first dog was named after a TV character. The second (current) after a cartoon dog and a rocket scientist. So I claimed my geek point for that. At least I didn't name the dog after a unix command, or vice versa.

Bob Kaplow

One can't forget or omit the infamous Pius land shark "flight" at Black Rock that impaled the tire of the local BLM offical who was on site to observe the activity. The net result is still on display at Bruno's.

John

Reply to
John Lyngdal

Ironically they considered the incident a "badge of honor", not evidence of a crime.

Government agencies can be so fickle!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It didn't take out targets on the ground; the only thing destroyed was its own cardboard airframe. Maybe the ATFE could learn from that.

ground? The BATF

Reply to
David

Actually, I've usually found the opposite to be the case - when my Windows or Linux systems complain about "not having the right plug-in" or "a driver for XXX was not found", I can usually fire up the Mac, point it to the document in question, tell it to "Open" it, and it will do the right thing.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Microsoft goes to extreme lengths to try to disable mac compatibility. It sometimes succeeds.

Wanna see something phunnie?

Microsoft Office 11 and Virtual PC 7.0 at MWSF 2004? [Updated]

Updated: Mac4ever.com (French) reported on December 1st an interview with a Microsoft representative at MacExpo in London. In their video interview, the rep felt that Virtual PC for G5 would likely be released in February 2004 and "Microsoft Office 2003" for Mac would be released in the Summer of 2004.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Much better. Outstanding flight, Mike. Too bad about the legs.

Mark E. Hamilt> Mark,

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

ATFE Report:

According to a recent report on r.m.r., high power rockets have been known to "take out targets on the ground." They've also succeeded in attacking aircraft, as one incident is reported that destroyed a vehicle's airframe. Clearly these high power rockets are even more dangerous than was previously thought.

Yep. They'll learn.

(No, I don't have anything to do with movie advertising. There's no real point in selective editing of quotes of reviewers when it's much easier to create reviewers and make them seem legitimate.)

Zooty

(I'd be interested in talking to a ATFE agent. I wonder if they're really interested in the truth or are just out to get rid of rocketry for political points.)

Reply to
zoot

I would have bet big time it would have been Foghorn Leghorn. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

L O L !

:>)

Reply to
system user

Two favorites:

One at LDRS in O'burg a couple of years ago. Big rocket 6'+, right off the rod, did a loop and kept on trucking, straight up. Still haven't figured that out.

Another was a power dive. Big motor in the middle, 4 smaller ones outboard. They lit first and got the rocket up around 100'. It slowly turned over and then the middle one finally came up to pressure.........

Still no one hurt. Safest hobby around.

Jeff M.

Reply to
Jeff Martin

That actually happens fairly often, but maybe not on such a huge rocket :)

Sweeeeeeet!

Powerdives rock!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine