Another LEUP Question....

Sure that isn't the boogey man? I think you might be on the list - just below Osama.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

This season, I have not been able to go out and fly at all. I've been in the process of building a new house - which has taken all my free time. (and money too!) I was just asking with an eye to the future. My shed will be permanent, on a cement foundation, and I don't think the local fire guys would be too tough to convince, so it's possible.

Just wondering of I needed to do anything special to the shed - more than what I had already planned. Looks like I don't. Everyone has brought up some good points, and I thank you for the discussion.

Up till now, I've mooched off other people's LEUP's in my club, (you know who you are!) or used a flight service that our motor vendor provided. Most of the time, that's OK....BUT. There's been times that our vendors or other folks could not make it to the launch, and left me high & dry. The biggest advantage I could see in getting a LEUP would be the elimination of reliance on others for motors and stuff. Like I said, I'll have to think about it.....

thx, Joe Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Joe,

If the local fire department is volunteer a little donation can go a long way. I read an article in one of the rocketry magazines a year or two ago that described a fellow building a shed for his magazine and I remember his ATF agent requiring him to clear all underbrush and trees away from the shed and he also had to install a minimum of two locks on the door.

Anybody else remember reading this article and any more of the particulars of it. Of course both of the requirements mentioned were from this particular fellows agent and we all know that the ATF is consistently inconsistent about what they want.

Good Luck,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo