Arizona Rocket Gathering

Everything you just said is false, misleading, FUD and fraud in light of actual ATF behavior and practice.

YOU are the spreader of FUD and a central symptom of the HPR problem.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Purely false FUD.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you review the current explosives list, ANCP is not on it. APCP as well as AP explosive mixtures are (as is AN explosive mixtures).

Joel. phx

Stopped those Iraqis from shooting that hotel, didn't it?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The Orange Book talks about explosives. AP Composite Propellant is the only composite propellant I can find on the explosives list.

Why would anyone use an explosive for ejection? Though if they did a working replica in miniature of an 18th century mortar would be appropriate.

Lots of people with LEUPs contingent on dealer returns,....

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
Joel Corwith

A requirement that can't be enforced is almost as good as no requirement at all. Same with the BP issue -- anyone can buy it, and unless the ATF follows you around 24/7 looking over your shoulder, they can't really do anything about it if you use it for ejection charges.

Reply to
RayDunakin

He's already pointed out that this isn't an option. No one in their club has or can get storage.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Nor would they need to if Tripoli dissolved and went away. Maybe they could take their lover Brucie with them.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But that in no way stops the FUD from the likes of this guy and his lackies.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Anyone can buy it" is not true. BP purchases require a LEUP.

Also, I have mixed feelings about the "unenforceable law" loophole, relating to storage of HPR motors. The ramifications are a little stronger that those for running a stop sign. ;)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

So, where are all those motors coming from that are being flown at the launches in Joel's area? Choose one of the following: A) illegally stored, or B) noone will help Joel. ;)

Also, some people take these individual statements and unknowingly apply them to some the U.S. as a whole. People are buying and flying without a problem, finding legal ways to work around the LEUP and storage requirements.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

c) You are a lying misinformed sack of shit who cannot read either the law (27 CFR 555.141-a-8) or the lawsuit your own club filed.

By ignoring you!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not according to the ATF itself. So now when they actually SAY it's fine AND the LAW says its fine, YOU ALONE get to reverse that and post it publicly?

Gee I wonder why your club(s) are shrinking precipitously?

It is not "unenforceable". It IS THE LAW that propellant is EXEMPT from the explosives regs.

IN WRITING.

But you have some contrived rationalization why your erroneous position is right. I cannot fix you, but you can and DO damage people's willingness to simply follow the law and fly some rockets for fun as the law intended to begin with.

You are a c*ck stop.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

1) Nothing was asked when purchasing flashpan powder. 2) BP is not the only powder you can use. 3) Making your own BP is free from paperwork.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

That's the only 2 you could come up with? I've come to expect more of you. Here's one, the magazine owner has allowed those with motors already stored to store until used, but is accepting no further.

The only M launches at our 2 day GHS launch were Hypertek.

Many fliers have gone the EX route.

Joel. phx

requirements.

Some might take your statements and think they can apply anywhere. Then they start finding minimum distance regulations at the city level that don't allow placement of magazines on owned or rental property. Now to place a magazine they have to find a location on the outskirts, insure it, and drive over frequently to inspect for theif.

There is a legal way to work around the LEUP problem,.. EX.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Or you can make your own (or use a non-explosive) and use all you want as long as you don't use it for commercial benefit.

Joel. phx

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Ummmm....

I haven't talked to Peter since that last launch he came to and announced that SMS was closed, but Didn't he say that the magazine would still be available? I may be mistaken. It Was a while ago.

-Chr$ NAR 79536 L1

Reply to
Chr$

Not true. You can buy it from a gun dealer as long as you're planning to use it in antique guns. No LEUP required. In fact, most BP is sold this way. It usually takes a great deal of discussion to get a dealer to accept an LEUP for BP purchases when they aren't used to doing business that way.

And the other powders used in ammo don't require an LEUp regardless of what you use them for...

Bob Kaplow

That is a matter of interpretation.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There have been many sucessful reports of testing performed on non-regulated smokeless.

Ouch, that hurts coming from someone too scared to use their name. If BP is the only way you can think of for getting a parachute out of a cardboard cylinder, your creativity level is called into question.

You can certainly have BP. As I said, have a replica of an 18th century mortar made. Clearly an antique device.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith