Arizona Rocket Gathering

Since when?? Last time I bought it, all I had to do was sign for it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Smokeless powder most certaily IS on the list.

DaveL

Just how clueless are you? EX numbers are not even in the ATF universe at all.

They ignore testing and arbitrarily declare things explosives.

Have you read the actual law? I thought not.

YOU are FUD central.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Unless it is exempt.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

One more inconsitency in the enforcement. I stand corrected and will sit in the corner for 10 minutes. ;)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Your medication is wearing off.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

If you make BP for your own use, it does not require an LEUP. If you need to store any quantity, place it in a plastic baggie in the cardboard box the muzzle loading pistol came in. Whole lot cheaper than a magazine.

Joel. phx

I swear, it's like telling Jerry that the ATF doesn't see PADs the way the law is written.

End of line.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The difference is I get it, and want to force ATF to follow the law. So far they have complied for 20 years against their will.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, but rather than call that FUD, I just read it as meaning smokeless is exempt due to 55.141 a4 of the orange book:

"(4) Small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition." (JFJ)

I suppose we'll hear how THAT has to be stored in a magazine as well. Better run out and arrest 50,000 reloaders and dealers,...

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

It wore off a long time ago.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Again, this is virtually unenforceable. No one can stop you from storing it if they don't know you have it, and they won't know you have it if you make it yourself.

Heck, you can buy the stuff and no one even asks how you're going to use it, much less how you'll store it. The only tough part is finding a store that still sells it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ray, All they have to do is pull up to a launch and check people for E-matches.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Bob, I felt that way, untill I actually used Pyrodex. Once I confined it enough to make it deploy the chute it looked more dangerous than just a baggie of BP. And at that point I think it was probably classified as something completly new.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

I dont think anyone is concerned someone is going to kick down their door. But launches are advertised, hardly secret. So a hadfull of agents shows up at a launch. You have one inch of ignter cord or one E-Match.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Joel, I thought about doing EX but would not feel comfortable mixing in my kitchen. If I had a sutable place to mix motors then it would certanly be suitable for a magazine.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Well, at least you have a semblence of intelligence. Most do not.

Some morons think they have to be indoors with the mix bowl and comfy while making propellant. Making propellant right is evil.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes of course.

Whwn was the last time someone living on a paycheck had the money to prosecute a warrantless search claim?

If it wasn't for the nearly unlimited money I had from sales prior to the monopoly being formed in HPR and the market intentionally crashed, I would have been reamed in court as well.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Safety first. Some people would not give a second thought to storing gasoline in their garage, nor pouring more into a hot mower.

I'm wondering what you consider a suitable place. A suitable place for an (indoor or outdoor) magazine here is 500' from an inhabited building. Where as people can have wood burning fireplaces on their back patio, and I've even seen barbeque grills on upper floor balcony of apartment buildings. You don't have a driveway?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Without a warrant?

Make your own, it's not tough:

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Outdoors, a sufficient distance from flammables and buildings that a mixer ignition can simply be stepped back from with no consequential damages, except the 2nd and 3rd degree burns of the mix operators and any broken bones from being blown backward.

Burns are considered the least comfortable injuries possible.

I have been friends with two people with mix accident burns. They very strongly recommend against taking those risks at all, much less the typical behavior of "TRA EX" guys.

I for one wish amateur rocketry was engaged in by prople with "professional techniques" and none of the fringes of consumer rocketry included mix kits and mixing practices at all.

There is something to be said for motor design - from precast propellant sticks.

Order them from me and save yourself a life ruinous experience.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine