bad news: model rocket starts 2-alarm fire

loony wrote:

< ...snip>
What a revealing post. When school starts up again, I recommend that you do more English, Math, and Physics homework and less posting to USENET.
Just for practice, let's identify what you would actually do if TRA members answered your call to assemble and TRA took "responcibility" for rocketry.
What would you do? You are "in charge" of whatever it is that you believe the NAR is "in charge" of now. What changes in rocketry would you make to prevent a kid from indirectly killing someone with an A8-3 powered modroc?
Now, I realize this is an adult question, but adults are expected to have some idea of how to solve problems they recognize and complain about. Some hints for your endeavor: 1) Identify the lax safety requirements in the current NAR Safety Code which promote unsafe practices. 2) Discuss potential scenarios based upon those unsafe practices. 3) Identify the TRA Safety Code requirements which mitigate or eliminate similar dangers. 4) State your proposed solutions to the problems you identified.
Or, just keep trolling with Daddy's computer.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est

Of course, you missed the biggest difference between the NAR and the TRA. After this post, you could still join the NAR. Were it directed toward the TRA, you would be drummed out for criticism and revealing the secret handshake.
-Larry Curcio

Deatils :)
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

(snip)
    And apparently you just can't wait for that to happen. Would you stand in front of the involved families and act like this?
    I expect rocketeers to act much more maturely than you do, and ALL of those with whom I fly (whether NAR, TRA, neither) already do. I would trust them to respond well in an accident. You can't be trusted, accident or not.
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com says...

Take a pill and give it a rest, already. You are getting WAY too excited over a grass fire and a bee sting.
That goes for you too, shockie. Quit yer trollin'
--
Tweak

tweak: I wasn't trolling..I was just posting what I thought would be a story of interest..
In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages intended to cause a disruption in discourse.
There was nothing inflammatory in my posts other than 30 acres burning up....
Many - perhaps most - people labelled "trolls" are simply being called a name by someone else in the course of a religious, political or other ordinary type of dispute. In other words they are labelled as a "troll" for acting as a dissident or heretic.
shockie B)
says...

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Uh, tweak was not responding to your post, he was responding to lunarlos.
Ray,
He did say, "That goes for you too, shockie. Quit yer trollin'"
Mario
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Mario Perdue wrote:

Oh, I didn't catch that part. Sorry.

Try reading.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Really? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...whoda thunk it.

You left out the bee sting. Those can become quite inflamed, you know.

Heretic...now that was a decent game.
--
Tweak

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to put effort into it?
James

http://159.54.226.83/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050820/NEWS/508200334/1001

I vote for effort.

Just noticed... You need to change your handle. Looks a LOT like LUNAR. Livermore Unit of the National Association of Rocketry. The largest local rocketry club in the world. NAR section #534. You wouldn't want to be associated with a NAR section, would you? Even one like LUNAR... Because WE don't want to be associated with the likes of you...
Please get back to school, little boy. Learn to spell and punctuate. Then go troll a different group.
James
<< a bunch of ignorant garbage...>>

Sad to say, my first thought was that he might somehow be connected with you folks. But I can't see a NAR-hating jerk being part of your club.

Actually I don't think you did.

Pure speculation NOT supported by past experience.

That has to be the most ironic statement I have ever heard!!!

Hate to break the obvious news to you, but this was on the JOINT TRA/NAR certified motor list, so for each and every reference to NAR you have made,you could and should replace it with TRA.

Liar.
... I guess a HPR

So you feel ALL rocketry activity should occur at Black Rock for public safety? I see.

With all due respect, which isn't much, you described TRA far better than NAR. I have criticisms of both, but NAR at least has some semblence of a feedback and control loop.

Marked.
Jerry
Thanks for the article. Bad news about the fire. The article does say that you can get a permit and that they have a designated place in a local park for model rocketry. Too bad that those kids didn't find out about the permit requirement sooner...
shockwaveriderz wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L2

I'd be really interested to know HOW this happened. Were the kids using fuse instead of electric ignition? No blast deflector? Was the fire started by the alunch, or was theis an ejection-prang incident.
This is exactly the kind of incident that needs to be investigated by our new safety committee so the cause can be understood, and prevented in the future.

fuse
Maybe a warhead made from match sticks or something similar?
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
After a careful review of the story, the key may be '"The father came up and talked to us," Holmstrom said. "We found the rocket where the fire started."'
If the rocket was at the source of the fire, then it either never left the pad, or more likely the fire was at the landing site. Power prang, ejection on the ground, or smoldering from use of flammable wadding?
I forwarded the article to the "spanish inquisition"...