bad news: model rocket starts 2-alarm fire

Take a pill and give it a rest, already. You are getting WAY too excited over a grass fire and a bee sting.

That goes for you too, shockie. Quit yer trollin'

Reply to
Tweak

Maybe they tried to make their own E9-0 from an E9-P?

More than likely an unstable Army rocket or the use of a C6-7 in a model that needed a C6-3.

A call to the local fire inspector should provide facts. Has anyone talked to one of the nice people at Estes who usually does just this to find the facts and quickly aid the investigation? (Assuming this *was* an Estes product and not Quest or Aerotech)

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

shreadvector

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to put effort into it?

James

http://159.54.226.83/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050820/NEWS/508200334/1001> >

Reply to
James L. Marino

Unless you try to light one in under 3 seconds, in which case the JBGTs make you take the information off the net and not put it back anywhere else :-(

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Just noticed... You need to change your handle. Looks a LOT like LUNAR. Livermore Unit of the National Association of Rocketry. The largest local rocketry club in the world. NAR section #534. You wouldn't want to be associated with a NAR section, would you? Even one like LUNAR... Because WE don't want to be associated with the likes of you...

Please get back to school, little boy. Learn to spell and punctuate. Then go troll a different group.

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

Actually I don't think you did.

Pure speculation NOT supported by past experience.

That has to be the most ironic statement I have ever heard!!!

Hate to break the obvious news to you, but this was on the JOINT TRA/NAR certified motor list, so for each and every reference to NAR you have made,you could and should replace it with TRA.

Liar.

... I guess a HPR

So you feel ALL rocketry activity should occur at Black Rock for public safety? I see.

With all due respect, which isn't much, you described TRA far better than NAR. I have criticisms of both, but NAR at least has some semblence of a feedback and control loop.

Marked.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Considering their opposing views on TRA, lunarlos is probably the Bizarro Iz.

Reply to
raydunakin

I vote for effort.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Deatils :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

At least you "get it" John.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TRA agrees. Hence the unneeded ATF permits at all levels, starting with TMT, despite the lawsuit!!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

tweak: I wasn't trolling..I was just posting what I thought would be a story of interest..

In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages intended to cause a disruption in discourse.

There was nothing inflammatory in my posts other than 30 acres burning up....

Many - perhaps most - people labelled "trolls" are simply being called a name by someone else in the course of a religious, political or other ordinary type of dispute. In other words they are labelled as a "troll" for acting as a dissident or heretic.

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Uh, tweak was not responding to your post, he was responding to lunarlos.

Reply to
raydunakin

Ray,

He did say, "That goes for you too, shockie. Quit yer trollin'"

Mario

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Mario Perdue

An official from the NAR safety committee can call the fire inspector as well, no need to call Estes as a middle person.

NAR is in an official capacity to ask for the info and I believe they should call direct and ask.

I will donate to pay for the long distance charges if need be ;-)

Reply to
Almax

Oh, I didn't catch that part. Sorry.

Reply to
raydunakin

Sad to say, my first thought was that he might somehow be connected with you folks. But I can't see a NAR-hating jerk being part of your club.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

You got to compare every jerk that wanders through this newsgroup with someone you don't like. What a maroon. In case you haven't noticed, this lunarlos jerk is a TRA lackie like you, not an NAR weenie.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

In case they weren't aware of the story, I forwarded it to the appropriate NAR official-weenies.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Now that's funny!

Reply to