bad news: model rocket starts 2-alarm fire

Maybe they tried to make their own E9-0 from an E9-P?
More than likely an unstable Army rocket or the use of a C6-7 in a
model that needed a C6-3.
A call to the local fire inspector should provide facts. Has anyone talked to one of the nice people at Estes who usually does just this to find the facts and quickly aid the investigation? (Assuming this *was* an Estes product and not Quest or Aerotech)
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector

An official from the NAR safety committee can call the fire inspector as well, no need to call Estes as a middle person.
NAR is in an official capacity to ask for the info and I believe they should call direct and ask.
I will donate to pay for the long distance charges if need be ;-)

In case they weren't aware of the story, I forwarded it to the appropriate NAR official-weenies.

In the new NAR newsletter I got just yesterday, Bunny asked us to do just that.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

There is no such committee.

Have you read Bunny's rants in the last two Model Rocketeers? There's a new safety committee headed up by Jay Apt and Ted Cochran.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Thank you for the correction.
shreadvector wrote:

Now that's funny!
That's what I'm here for.
;)
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 aka Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader