wonder who is doing this

"Among the 20-odd events planned are a rocket-powered Bell X-1 reenacting
breaking the sound barrier "
"with the show culminating in a grand finale of a model space shuttle
launched vertically to a height of about 2,000 feet. "
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
See?? Positive story.
Good work.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Reply to
the notorious t-e-d
AMA scale guys have been doing this now for about 8 years at the R/C airshows.
If you can get to that Air Show Shockie, do so, it will be fun. It's not far fropm where NARAM-47 was.
Many of the pilots I have seen fly and do so well.
Reply to
AlMax
Don't know how they intend to do it, but I have a Bell X-1 model from the late Atlantic Rockets. It took nearly a year to get it, but the seller made good on his promise.
Bill Sullivan
"Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills." -- Lazarus Long
Reply to
The Rocket Scientist
"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message
If it's like the ones I've seen from that group, it will be dropped from a large multi engined scale R/C plane, (B-29 or b-36) and then ignited by remote and flown under power as R/C
Reply to
AlMax
I've seen that on line some place. Impressive!
Randy

<randyolb
Prove it was really shockie :-)
Reply to