wonder who is doing rocket-powered Bell X-1 reenacting breaking the sound barrier

"Among the 20-odd events planned are a rocket-powered Bell X-1 reenacting breaking the sound barrier "

"with the show culminating in a grand finale of a model space shuttle launched vertically to a height of about 2,000 feet. "

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

See?? Positive story.

Good work.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

AMA scale guys have been doing this now for about 8 years at the R/C airshows.

If you can get to that Air Show Shockie, do so, it will be fun. It's not far fropm where NARAM-47 was.

Many of the pilots I have seen fly and do so well.

Reply to
AlMax

Don't know how they intend to do it, but I have a Bell X-1 model from the late Atlantic Rockets. It took nearly a year to get it, but the seller made good on his promise.

Bill Sullivan

"Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills." -- Lazarus Long

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

If it's like the ones I've seen from that group, it will be dropped from a large multi engined scale R/C plane, (B-29 or b-36) and then ignited by remote and flown under power as R/C

Reply to
AlMax

I've seen that on line some place. Impressive!

Randy

<randyolb

Prove it was really shockie :-)

Reply to