wonder who is doing this

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/ENT/508120325/1025
"Among the 20-odd events planned are a rocket-powered Bell X-1 reenacting
breaking the sound barrier "
"with the show culminating in a grand finale of a model space shuttle launched vertically to a height of about 2,000 feet. "
shockie B)
shockwaveriderz wrote:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/ENT/508120325/1025

See?? Positive story.
Good work.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Prove it was really shockie :-)
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

> Good work.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/ENT/508120325/1025
AMA scale guys have been doing this now for about 8 years at the R/C airshows.
If you can get to that Air Show Shockie, do so, it will be fun. It's not far fropm where NARAM-47 was.
Many of the pilots I have seen fly and do so well.
shockwaveriderz wrote:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/ENT/508120325/1025
Don't know how they intend to do it, but I have a Bell X-1 model from the late Atlantic Rockets. It took nearly a year to get it, but the seller made good on his promise.
Bill Sullivan
"Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills." -- Lazarus Long
message

If it's like the ones I've seen from that group, it will be dropped from a large multi engined scale R/C plane, (B-29 or b-36) and then ignited by remote and flown under power as R/C

I've seen that on line some place. Impressive!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /