Chinese still thieves regarding technology

Too logical, too many facts. It will not compute Will Robinson.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

If one researches the beginnings of the Japanese auto industry you will find they imported quite a few American and European cars and began their trek by disassembling, blueprinting, building and selling exact knockoffs of the automobiles which they were copying. They learned from the finished products of the industry. However by starting from scratch manufacturing-wise, they were not tied to older auto manufacturing ideas, contracts, lifestyle and heierarchy. They were able to inject fresh new ideas into manufacturing (robotics, from the bottom engine installs...) which gave them an advantage whey their quality caught up.

The similarity to the Chinese situation should be obvious, it is much easier to copy (and possibly reverse engineer) than to start from scratch. The difference so far is the Chinese are building copies, but the quality is nowhere near the same, nor can it be, the lower wage must be offset by the logistics and cost of shipping from a world away. With regard to tools I look for one of two things, 'Made in USA' or 'Made in Germany'.......little else matters.......

I'm still wondering why GM discarded the Wankel engine, though, seemed brilliant to me. And it does very well on the world's racing stage......maybe some USA corporations can't see through to the future with all those R&D bills staring them in the face.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You know you have the right engine when your buzzer is set for 8000 rpm and it is used as an indication of powerband center :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Catholics are a far cry from Christian Fundamentalists, trust me, I are one (Catholic, that is). Bomb the Crystal Palace instead. ;-)

Gort! Klaatu borado nikto!

Mark Simpson

My Honda Odyssey uses the Acura 3.5L engine that is probably made in the same plant as the 3.2L you mention. The car was actually built in Canada. But my Civic is the first made in USA car I've ever bought. Even my two Crapavans were made in Canada, with Mitsubishi engines.

Bob Kaplow
***PLEASE*** Turn off your HTML!

Which brings up an interesting question. Of all thethings they could have copied, why did Yugo copy a piece of crap FIAT?

Reminds me of a student my wife once had in an english class. In the back of the book were 3 sample research papers: one an A, one a C and one an F. Not only did a student plagerize right from the class textbook, but they copied the F paper...

I'd take made in Sweden, Austria, Canada, or a few other places. Some of the finest chisels come from England. Even the stainless medical instruments from Pakistan are pretty good. It's hard to find a scalpel, hemostat, etc. from any where else.

What ever happened to Kyocera and their ceramic engines that didn't need cooling?

Bob Kaplow

I do!!!

A MN winter involves mucho snow(but not last 2 winters) and 4 wheel drive is god in a snow storm.

Ever see a 20' high snow drift in the middle of a road? Wish I had a Hummer then.

almost forgot the :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
moonglow

There's no accounting for intelligence :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Speaking of Hummers, does anyone else think the H2 is a step backwards? It lacks the high-clearance axles and suspension that was one of the best features of the original.

Reply to
RayDunakin

OK, but just this once! :-)

They liked the name....Fix It Again Tony!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Wait! South Jersey? You're a Piney!!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Reply to
Randy

They were converted to photocopiers... :)

Reply to
Tim

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Not that far south. ;-) I was raised right across the river from the Philly airport. My HS was used to film J-Lo's new movie Jersey Girl,which hasn't been released yet.

Mark Simpson

I'm loving that commercial.......

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Between repressive labor laws and collective bargaining that inflates wages for simple tasks, I'm surprised that more industry hasn't gone off-shore.

Mark Simpson

What you don't realize is the difference between some going offshore and actually bringing jobs onshore at the same rate is DOUBLE the difference. It is government policy to export jobs.

This moronic measure is designed to make a middle clqass in other countries in an effort to make them less volitile and more part of our world view of culture and commerce.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The old VW MicroBus had reduction hubs, and didn't cost a fortune.

** mike **
Reply to
mike