Coimg to a field near U : P-Powered Batteries?

will miracles ever cease? what will they think of next?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8973626 /
shockie B)

The P is used as an electrolye. This type of battery has been around for quite some time. (1730s?)
You could do the same by placing a copper rod and an iron rod in the backyard and pee'ing on the soil between them. Same concept as the potato clock.
-Aaron
Aaron wrote:

'just don't whiz on the electric fence....'
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Saw a video of that once.....funny stuff. (other people's pain is funny)
There was a farmer near where I grew up that had a few horses behind an electric fence. I learned very quickly to know what they look like and what they can do.
-Aaron
Aaron wrote:

heheheheheh, actually I was referring to the ren-n-stimpy tune, 'don't whiz on the electric fence'. Major funny. However, I think I'd get a bigger bang out that video.
Remember: if you can't have fun at other's expense then what fun is it?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

I thought myth busters disproved that Rural Legend ?
AlMax wrote:

The Myth Busters grasp of the scientific method is a bit loose. I can tell you from experience that you don't want to piss on some electric fences.
Mario
AlMax wrote:

MythBusters disproved what? Urine powered batteries?
Tell ya what.....go find an electric fence. Stand barefoot in some very long dewy grass and pee on it and let us know how it feels.
Disproven or not, I'm not gonna try it. I touched an electric fence with a long blade of grass and got a nice tingle. I wouldn't want to have a stream of electrolyes from a rather sensitive part of my body going anywhere near an electric fence.
-Aaron

You don't even need to relieve yourself. I tried to cross a fence at Bong, not knowing it was electric. I was knee deep in swamp at the time :-( It took over an hour for my arm to stop tingling.
actually the mythbusters showed it COULD in fact happen (he got a bit of a zap from it in fact) they just said its not all that likely cause in most cases the urine stream "breaks up" into droplets long before reaching the rail (the fence is what zapped him the myth was about the third rail)
so no DONT pee on a efence its gonna hurt :-)
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
shockwaveriderz wrote:

But who will water the weeds at the launch site?
Bill Sullivan
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - Lazarus Long