[conclusions]

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Actually, it's not libel. It's practicing law without a license....

Reply to
PhilipD

It would be interesting indeed to try to serve a summons on "Dave Grayvis", eh?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I repeat:

Based on that, one of the following must be true: A) You were directly told that by the DOT agent B) You were directly told that by Jerry C) You personally heard the exchange D) You are full of shit as usual.

Which is it?

Reply to
PhilipD

A thru C

Jerry practices D.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I don't know that. When I was given a tour of the current facility, it was brought up that the facility was climate controlled. There was a mention of the humidity problems at Ellis, but no mention if the Las Vegas facility was climate controlled or not.

I can't imagine any halfway modern building in Las Vegas not having either A/C or swamp cooling.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Well you'd have to prove that he knew it was a lie when he said it. That would be difficult, but not impossible. Especially given that he had absolutlely no way of knowing that his statement of fact was true before he said it. You could try and prove wanton disregard for the truth. Remember, it's a civil trial. There is no requirement for guilt beyond a shadow. Only for a preponderance of the evidence.

Reply to
PhilipD

Some motors made during the humid season at Ellis were somewhat spongy. Aerotech replaced some of the grains on J350s for this reason.

I can only speculate that the problem occurs during the curing process.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

That is directly false.

PLEASE give me your real name and address as Fred did. He has balls. I respect that. He has the courtesy to hold his tongue to an extent he and I are both well aware of. I respect that. I respect Fred Wallace.

You sir are deserving of zero respect.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If humidity has any importance to your process then controlling it sufficiently in a large manufacturing environment requires a bit more than AC or swamp cooling.

Reply to
NaCl

I know one thing.

TX is extreme as compared to either NV or UT.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Your analogy is flawed. Jerry claims to be in compliance. Verifying his claim of compliance is not the same as alleging unpermitted activities.

A more accurate analogy would be if I said I had an EPA permit for dumping oil, and you called them to verify it. And to make the comparison to TRA more accurate, "you" would be a certifying authority who is being asked to give your seal of approval to my activities.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Good Analagy!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Pardon my skepticism, but I find it very hard to believe that a government agency can't confirm the validity of documents or approvals that they issued.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yes, I've heard that before. I just think it's a crock. Any agency can confirm the validity of documents or approvals they issued.

Asking for a position statement is not the same as asking for confirmation of previously issued documents.

Reply to
RayDunakin

nacl1 wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

I wrote: "Of course, if you're not within driving distance you might have some trouble _getting_ Jerry's motors since he can't ship them, but even he admits that is due to "government regulations" rather than any fault of TRA/NAR. >>

Jerry replied:

Here's the statement that from your website:

"MOTORS OR CUSTOM CHECKLIST: Please note that due to NEW abusive government regulations added WITHOUT legal process we are not shipping motors until they pull their head out of their *** and return our civil rights to us, or we force it out of them through litigation. Yes we are pissed. And rightfully so. 30 years of cooperation and THIS is what we get in return." ....................................

Of course, you've removed the statement from your site sometime in the past day or two, after it was shown that this statement by you contradicts your claims of being in compliance with DOT.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I pasted that from his website today.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

If that's the case, then he needs to either convince his manufacturer to work with him on getting the motors certified; find another manufacturer who is willing to work with him; or give up on that particular manufacturing approach.

Of course, if we're going to speculate about why Jerry is so intent on circumventing the rules, I can think of plenty of other reasons.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry IS the manufacturer.

Reply to