Cool Rocket Simulator

Hi,
Just thought I'd mention this very cool rocket simulator.
http://www.rocket-simulator.com
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
I fly more than C6's. Rocksim is MUCH easier and MUCH more detailed. I'll stick with it.
--
Stephen Corban
NAR# 81338

Me either. How do you calculate a cluster?
Randy

Oh well.
Randy

The whole country was supposed to switch to the metric system over 25 years ago. And it was all derailed by a sympo typo during the Carter administration. As an environmentalist, poor Jimmy tried to clean up the country. He had millions of "Do not Litter" signs placed all over the country. Alas, someone dropped one of the "t"s...

years
Your right, Bob. I remember that. And I remember the flawed logic behind it too. I was in grade school at the time. They taught us BOTH metric and US systems AT THE SAME TIME. (I don't know, they may still do this)
The logic was: "this is what we're using now" (US system) "but, this is what we'll be switching to later" (metric)
So, they threw two systems at us, and made it so confusing, that we didn't learn EITHER one. The net result was a bunch of dumb kids that could not measure anything. I'm still mad about it!
I'm an inspector in an aerospace machine shop. I can with 100% certainty that we would lose our minds if they made us switch to metric. The guys on the floor would be totally lost. Not to mention it would literally cost millions of dollars to get all-new metric tools, gaging, and fixtures. Then toss in all the blueprints that we would have to re-draw, all the CNC programs that you would have to re-write, and machines that you would have to somehow convert to metric, and you've got yourself a bona-fide nightmare!
J.A. Michel

IIRC my science classes (Chem, Physics) used metric. And model rocketry converted in 1968.

And your next spacecraft will smash into Mars too!
This dummy did! hehehh! My wife is still trying to figure it out though . ;)
J.A. Michel

didn't
not
On second thought, I have learned a little metric along the way. I know what 18MM 24MM 29MM 38MM 54MM 75MM and 98MM are. :-)
J.A. Michel

and
on
Then
nightmare!

What about 13mm, 10mm, and even 6mm???
I thought my list was long enough already. :)
J.A. Michel
writes:

http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org