Descon12 Extension Vote

With only 1 month left and only 1 complete + 2 partial entries.... I'm wondering if the RMR communittee would like to extend Descon12 by 1-2 months?

The concern is two-fold, 1) have folks had time to get a design together (whether it gets mission points or not)?; and 2) is it fair to the sponsors if there are very few entries?

What's RMR's thought?

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

I would extend it a month. As of right now, I am way behind because of some vehicle problems(car started spewing antifreeze from close to the head gasket, and roasted the motor in my van). The way I figure it I would be done by the first week in december with my first entry but I wanted to get 2 done(a friend said you can have 2 entries but I never confirmed).

Reply to
zak orion

Although you may think I'm biased, I say leave it as is. The date was voted on and set. No surprises. Besides, I know several people here are waiting until the last moment to submit their design.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

I would tend to agree with Doc

Reply to
DaDfLash

I've got the FlisKit in hand, and two designs worked out with some test fittings. I expect to make the published deadline. The only hurdle will be getting a flyable day in the next month. Adding a month or two to that isn't going to help the Green Moutain flyers. Spring is a loooooong way away.

Leave it as is, I say. That's all the sooner we can kick of DesCon 13 for a fair weather flight in 2004.

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

hey, some of us are waiting for the last minute. expect 2 entries from me

Reply to
tater schuld

See? Tater is a sand bag'er! :-) You ever play Euchre?

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Lost interest when the rules got riduculous.

Reply to
Bob n Robin

nope, but familiar with the tactic.

Got one of my writeups done for DesCon, not I have to build and launch and take pictures. then do everything for the other one. luckily I have them picked out and will be working on them over thanksgiving (i'll be slicing parts instead of turkey)

Reply to
Tater Schuld

from

6) Entries are limited to two per person per contest

You think I aint gonna try to get both the Hybrid set AND the 4" Horizon??

Steve has yer kit. tried to find engines. told him exactly where they was so he could find em next time.

Extend a month? I was thinking we should cut it to december 1st. that way I could be sure of a win

Reply to
Tater Schuld