Easy D engine rocket to carry Pencam?

Hi, My son and I launch rockets and want to step up to some payload. I'm playing with a pencam and we would like to build a rocket this winter to carry the pen. We're mid-level beginners and would prefer to work from a kit. Does anyone have a suggestion for a rocket to adapt to carry the pencam as a payload.

Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Joyce

What Diameter is your pen cam ?

Art

Reply to
ArtU

Just about any BT-60 sized rocket with a payload section (or that you can add a payload section to) will work. I'd recommend a 24mm motor. So the StormCaster comes to mind as one choice.

Check out my Pencam notes at

Bob Kaplow

The pencam is 1 inch x 1 inch x 3.5 inches before I mess with the packaging.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Joyce

A LOC Weasel-29 makes a great rocket to fly that on a E-30 or F-25/F-50 Aero-tech motor ! The Loc weasel will last and is a strudy built model rocket. A D motor will lift the weasel, But I'm not sure how much your Pen Cam wieghts.

I bet it works better on a E-30, in any rocket.

Art

Reply to
ArtU