Ellis J228-6 TRA Decertified

An Ellis motor?????

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The truth?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, They don't. you, yourself have several web pages chocked full of motors and propellant for sale, none of which are certified.

jerry, Why do you say Ray is the only person who has ever accused you of this? Did Ray personally decertify your motors? Sue M. witnessed new usr motors with old dates. I saw some new usr motors that Mike G. was selling out at Lucerne, they had old dates also.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

jerry, Are you a TRA member? Are you a TRA certified manufacturer? Are you a TRA centric dealer?

you don't seem to have a problem with selling and distributing your uncertified rocket motors.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

jerry, Are any of the motors on the usr web site certified? I didn't think so. Yet, you continue to sell them.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Well, you also told Us you had fifty or so EX numbers. We know that was a lie. you Also said that you were a legal manufacturer, but given the fact that you are a felon, not only can't you possess class B explosives it's not possible for you obtain the required permits to manufacture them.

Yet, you still sell rocket motors on your web site.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

To my knowledge, there is no label to indicate whether a high power motor is certified.

Reply to
raydunakin

That's why the new ones have dates. DUH.

jerry, HOW STUPID ARE YOU?

This whole thread is about the decertification of faulty motors.

Why do you sell uncertified motors?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

you and the truth have nothing in common.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No, they don't. They can decertify motors, but they have no power to prevent the manufacturer from selling uncertified motors.

You're still free to sell your uncertified motors. Neither TRA nor NAR can stop you. What they can do is let people know that your motors are not certified, and prohibit them from being used at sanctioned launches.

The difference in this case is that Ellis is a certified manufacturer and most of their motors are certified -- apparently only one motor was not -- so dealers/buyers/RSOs just assumed that this specific motor was certified and didn't bother to check until there was a problem. It's easier to prevent the use of uncertified motors at sanctioned launches when the manufacturer doesn't have any certified motors.

Reply to
raydunakin

As I said in my last post, when the motor comes from a manufacturer who has many certified motors, the dealers, buyers and RSOs may assume that the motor is certified without actually checking it.

raydunakin

Just to clarify, that was David who said that, not me. My own impression of Ellis motors is slightly positive, so far. Whether it becomes fully positive or more negative depends on how my remaining Ellis motors perform. :)

Reply to
raydunakin

That's not entirely accurate. Jerry and the truth have the same thing in common that vampires have with sunlight. ;)

Reply to
raydunakin

Not bad Ray!

Ted 'oh, the sun' Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

People know some people got screwed. Loudly I opposing it doesn't change anything. It doesn't appear that the orgs have anything in the rules to prevent this specific situation from occuring. By that I mean the motors we were discussing were shipped to the purchaser / not purchased at a TRA launch.

THose of us that would just assume that the motors were purchase will be certified even though they may not be at the time, learned something.

If the dealer & Ellis do not refund the guy's money, they are scum. ANyone konw who the dealers that were selling them are?

Reply to
Phil Stein

No they don't - Any more that they can prevent you from selling motors.

Within the past month, you said this didn't happen. Which is the truth?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Unlike you, I don't claim to know everything. Also, I haven't been doing rockets forever.

Reply to
Phil Stein

He probably wasn't lying. Only problem is that they were someone else's numbers. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ray comes up with a good on every once in a while. I think it's been about 3 years since the last time. ;-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ask Troj, Kevin, to help you out. Always works like a charm.

Reply to
AlMax