[F-FT] I joined TRA

Same here. I faxed a photocopy of my NAR card and TRA sent my card "Level 3"

I spent a good week trying to join the TRA list server. They/it would not let me in. I guess it's because I'm also a "NAR weenie".

Doc

Reply to
Doc

I agree that both groups combined would not be on the top

100 list, however...

If everyone that flys joined both groups, it would give the appearance of a larger group. There may be only 5000 flyers total, but all

5000 in two organizations gives the appearance of 10000 flyers. The bigger our numbers appear, the more power we might have to affect change. That's why the NRA has so much power. Sheer numbers. Every one of those members represents a vote in an election, and that gets the attention of the politicians. If every member of the NAR and TRA joined both organizations, and signed up three or four friends (straw-man memberships, or better yet, sign up all your wives, kids, brothers, sisters, and friends) into both organizations, that would increase the number of voters that the politicians see in the combined group. It may not get the Patriot Act and the Explosives Act shot down, but it might draw more attention from those (expletive) politicians...

Just something to run up the flagpole...

James L. Marino SAS, LUNAR, TCC, AEROPAC, NAR #75764 L3 TRA #9489 L3

(@ @)

----o00-(_)-00o---- Will Work for AP

Reply to
James L. Marino

If we are 5000 or 10000, we're still a political fly on the wall, to be swatted when we annoy someone.

If we want the appearance of clout we need to change our name from the National Assn. of Rocketry to the National Rocketry Assn., or the American Assn of Rocket Propulsion.

Bob Kaplow

I like it, Bob! The NRA and the ARRP. Now, THAT will get their attention!

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

Uh, that should read AARP. Brain fart.

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

That should be all it takes; when my wife joined, we just included a photocopy of her NAR card. When I joined NAR, I sent them a photocopy of my TRA card.

Hmmmm... I'm betting on an email address mismatch, but this is easily resolved. Check your email.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Good one!

TRA can change thier name to National Rocketry Assasins. NAR can become the American Association of Rocket Propulsion.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I suppose it could be, but it doesn't make sense. After I received my membership package and card, I saw that I was supposed to be able to join the list serve. I sent in the email as outlined, with my membership # in the message body. I received an email saying I "can't join the TRA list serve". I figured that perhaps it was too soon, so I waited another month. I tried several more times and it kept denying me. After awhile I figured if they don't want me, I don't need them. That was over two years ago. No big deal. I'm still a TRA member.

Doc

Reply to
Doc

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey! Don't be snippin' the rest! :-)

I also said "I'm still a TRA member."

...and will continue to do so. The "no big deal" comment was in reference to the list.

:-)

Doc

Reply to
Doc

They don't discriminate against weenies. Also just because you are a NAR member doesn't mean you are a weenie. I think of it more as a personality trait. Right Shockie?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Jerry will snip anything from anyone to make it support his side of a discussion. No one is special enough to escape it.

Reply to
Phil Stein

But the rest is inconvenient, and therefore ignored.

The list membership (as you are aware, but others are not) is getting resolved.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Perhaps, but on many occasions I have heard TRA members call NAR members "NAR Weenies", just as an overall derogatory term.

Doc

Reply to
Doc

Yes they have. I might even be guilty of it but IMO it's only intended to offend a subset of NAR members - not all. In fact I can only thing if a small number of them. They are a 'special' kind of whiner. There are a lot of good people that are members of NAR.

Reply to
Phil Stein

It says it can take three to four weeks, so I'll check back in a month.

They'll just have to do without my incredible wit and knowledge for a while...

Reply to
NaCl

Doc's problem with joining is being addressed; just sent you an email, so we can get yours resolved, as well.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Took me a while to gain access to the List Server...(And I'm Downunda) Now I'm in they have to listen to my dribble............... :-)

I've already had some great advice / help from members & I'm looking forward to meeting them at one of the launches.

Cheers, Clint

Reply to
CJC

hahahahahaha

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

More likely just some technical glitch. There are other NAR weenies in TRA.

Reply to
raydunakin