[F-FT] I joined TRA

Show off...<g>
Eldred

David,
You have been experiencing what I have seen for over 9 years now and it works BOTH ways. Where I have been, ALL flyers were welcomed as you said, regardless of what you fly. The only place I know of an implied continuing conflict is here on rmr. I've never seen conflicts between HPR and model rocket flyers, nor TRA / NAR members at the meets I've attended. Everyone seems to enjoy it ALL and each other.
I've seen launches where they were organized in various ways, with specific times of the day devoted to model rockets, then a time for HPR, then a time for whoever is prepped. Personally, I like flying with people that fly all types of rockets, large, small, NAR, TRA, no affiliation, I just like flying. I like all types of rockets. I enjoy talking to all types of flyers.
For many reasons, I have been content flying model rockets for many years but I really enjoy reading about and watching HPR. When the opportunity for 665 to have a Tripoli prefecture I was the one to make the motion we add it to the club. Several others would have if I hadn't but the point is that I want the club to be able to offer EVERYTHING rocketry has to offer from mini motors to HPR including EX. We have members that are NAR, TRA & some are both. All 3 state clubs want both. 665 is having it's first TRA EX launch in 3 weeks. Check our website for details.
We invite and want everyone to come fly with us.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
David Erbas-White wrote:

Ditto, Dave. You have written my sentiments exactly. I joined TRA in 1998 at LDRS specifically so I could fly on EX day. After that, some issues came to light and I was hesitant to "re-up" on top of having a very tight budget for a few years. Now, I'm very pleased with the direction the org is taking and I'll be TRA 7448 once again.
I'm planning on attending XPRS, but not BALLS this year. Maybe we'll meet?
sincerly, steve Bloom
default wrote:

I'm mostly a southern California-er, so perhaps somewhere out west sometime...
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

Hey, maybe You, Me and Ray could carpool! You have to go to Black Rock at least once.
I agree with a lot of what you said here. I do think that the TRA had some accountability problems in the past, but I also believe that the vast majority of members don't really give a hoot. Guys are just out to fly and have a good time, not to get wrapped up in politics.
I joined the NAR a couple of years ago. For me it was a money thing when I chose an organization. The only reason I joined was for certification. At the time, the TRA was 70.00, and the NAR was 47.00. So that sealed my choice. Now they cost about the same, so I might join the TRA when my NAR membership is up.
My club came in to being as a TRA prefecture, and the vast majority of the membership is TRA - with some holding dual memberships. My experience is the same as yours. I was welcomed and have never once been ridiculed because I'm in the NAR and not the TRA. Like I already mentioned, most could give a hoot about the politics of it.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2
J.A. Michel wrote:

You're one of several in the club, Joe. The only time it matters is when we're electing a Prefect or someone wants to certify. Beyond that, who cares? We sure don't...
-Kevin

Correct.
Sad but not relevant to the issues raised. Tripoli is NO LONGER a membership organization according to the BOD. Seriously.

You got yours!!

Jerry
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:36:52 -0700, David Erbas-White

David,
I've decided to "take the plunge", as well. I paid via PayPal, and emailed to ask about carrying my NAR certification over. I got a prompt reply from HQ via email, and will be mailing a copy of my NAR card in the morning.
I tried signing up for the TRA listserv via the instructions on the TRA website. It'll be an interesting experiment to see whether it works for me or not, given the troubles reported by others.
Like you, I decided to forego the opportunity to pay for missing magazines. I'll keep my ER and Sprocketry magazines, and leave it at that.
- Rick "NAR and TRA and PRS -- Oh my!" Dickinson
--
Every parliament or congress worldwide should be equipped with a
hundred-pound chunk of sodium in the entrance foyer, such that any
Rick Dickinson wrote:

As a quick follow up, I sent my application in by mail on Thursday, June 30. This morning (Tuesday, July 5th) I received a phone call asking for a street address for delivery of my handbook, etc. (I give a PO Box for most 'mail' things). Talk about fast service!!!
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

And as one final (hopefully!) follow-up, I received my membership package (with my level 2 membership card!) today. I may have even received it in time to vote -- I took my ballot, selected my candidates, and mailed it in (handed it to the mailman), so if I'm lucky, it'll get there in time for the balloting deadline.
There, I feel better already -- part of the process...
David Erbas-White NAR 77073 TRA 10491
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:13:29 -0700, David Erbas-White

It will. They extended the time for the ballots to get there. Not sure if you are on the newslist. If you are, you've seen what a wacko Art Applewhite is. Anyway anyone seeing him in action would have to be nuts before they vote for him. I'd even vote for Jerry before I'd vote for him.

Gee, thanks :)
Write-in!

Hey you can thank me for those two votes you in the NAR election a few years ago. 8-)
look who's callin somebody nutz... look in the mirror Phil, you TRA weenie.....
shockie B)

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:41:38 GMT, "shockwaveriderz"

Is that the best you can do? Try again.

Welcome!! I got thte details of how the listserv enrollment works. They need to get info from HQ which, isn't even close to real time so it can take a while.
Rick Dickinson wrote:

You need to provide your member number when you subscribe to the list; if you haven't received that yet, you won't be able to get in.
Once you have your member number, if you run into problems, let me know and I'll help get them resolved ASAP.
-Kevin

An email from which TRA member?

Like you don't know who an email from HQ would come from. Save your time and just start slamming him.