First Step taken

The town of Rosamond,CA. is not a true city or even incop. town, that is a ways down the road, BUT they are planing a good sized park development for the area and it will be paid by State of Calif. funding.

This night at the RCSD meeting at the pulbic part, I got up and asked them to try to include into their planing a treeless area where not only Model Rockets could be flow, but also control line/RC aircraft too. I had given my INTO as Slc.Dennis Bishop of the SIAR.

The very next part was the passing for the plans for a park and trail system One of the BoD members added on that the plans for a "Model Rocket Park" be included. I will be submitting to them a plan of a simple area that could be an Aero Park.

This could very well become the First Offical Park for Model Rocketry.

Reply to
Starlord

FANTASTIC! I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope that with its passage, it can serve as a model to other communities. With the overregulation of rocketry, a dedicated park area could go along ways toward helping the public with their misconceptions of rocketry. Craig

Reply to
Craig

Oh man, good job and good luck!!!

It would, of course, deserve a SIAR inspired name (and a large inaugural event). "First Official Park" just doesn't seem apropos.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Gary

I'll be submitting a outline plan of what we would need and as it's for airplane flyers too, I've made the drawing showing them on the otherside of the park. It might end up becoming a part of a major park they are planing, so unless it's alone, it'll care whatever name the park has.

Reply to
Starlord

I submitted an outline plan for the areo park. I was given the rscd's web site and have downloaded the 133 page pdf file and I was told someplace in it it should show a launch pad sign on an area, I'll have to hunt throew all

133 pages to find out where it's at.
Reply to
Starlord