found this new model rocket forum

And you have nothing to do with this site?

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Ironic...how the *first* paragraph on the website states:

"You have stumbled upon the one place on the web where you can discuss topics such as religion, politics, firearms, knives, and computers."

(I was unaware that "religious rockets" were so popular.)

Even *more* ironic, is one of the latter paragraphs:

"PLEASE READ: In order to keep trolls away, we have a policy against use of free email accounts. Please use your ISP or paid email service to register, otherwise you will get an error."

(Glad to see he is being he is being conscientious about "trolling".)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

of course rocket is religious... I mean ever heard the term "sacrificing to the rocket gods"? things like mach buster, EZI-65 on a J-350, or a Estes phoenix on a J-350 (motor mount modified to fit of course)

Reply to
tai fu

"> Even *more* ironic, is one of the latter paragraphs:

And he's posting from a GMail account.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Of course rocketry is a religious experience. How many times have you prayed in the midst of "bonus" delay ? How about asking for divine guidance while you're looking for that rocket with an reload case, and altimeter in a corn field ?

We all make offerings to the rocket gods, our first bird of the day "to test the winds" If they want it they'll keep it, if they don't they'll throw it back.

John

Reply to
John Karpich

Of course they are!

Remember the underground mutuants in Beneath the Planet of the Apes that worshiped the rocket tipped with a Cobalt bomb.... "Glory Be to the Bomb, and The Holy Fallout."

I reveal my true inner self... DSC

Reply to
stealthboogie