He's dead, Jim.

http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/4747052/detail.html

shreadvector wrote:

Just saw it on CNN, seconds ago.

you could at least say WHO!
Scotty. James Doohan, age 85.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Alsheimers and other anomolies. He is amazingly one of America's (and the world's) best loved characters right up there with donald duck, mickey mouse, and betty boop.
Jerry

And he's Canadian.
Did he ever become a citizen of the USA?
Bob Kaplow wrote:

He beamed up to that great Transporter Room in the sky.
This is one of those things that can make you feel old, know what I mean?

Know exactly what you mean Ray! We're in that age group that remember when Star Trek was new, and got bummed when it was canceled.

Obviously he should have locked himself in a transporter pattern buffer until we come up with a cure for his ailments...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, except to encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

With all due respect, he did, in a different timeline.
Unfortunately this is the OTHER TIMELINE!
:)
Jerry
Remember the prime directive. Suffer the consequences.

On 20 Jul 2005 20:40:41 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Of course I have his image buffered in magnetic and optical media. They could always try the frozen head thing <groan>, or save clonable DNA samples.

Wipe your face!!
God speed and full warp power Mr. Scott!

"I know this ship like the back of my hand."
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

.....*CLANK!* ;-)
Scotty was always my favorite character from the original series, even moreso than Spock and Kirk. If I had been born into that alternate reality, and I could have picked any career with Star Fleet, it would have been chief engineer on a starship (before they turned them into over-engineered luxury liners).
Some of the best episodes of STNG was with the old cast.
No bloody A- B -C or D!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Vince wrote:

Yep, Scotty was always the "go to" guy.

"We're going nowhere. Mighty fast!"
shreadvector wrote:

A round of single malt for all, please.
Absent Friends.
*CRASH*
Bill Sullivan
"Now this is a drink for a man." -- Scott "Scotch?" -- Checkov "Aye." -- Scott "It vas inwented by a little old lady in Lenningrad." -- Checkov (The Trouble With Tribbles)

"It's ... it's green"
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
I support drug testing. I believe every public official should be given a shot of sodium pentathol and ask "Which laws have you broken this week?".
"What's this Mr. Scott?"

"We did it! You and me, drank him right under the table."
Gonna miss Scotty.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /