He's dead, Jim.

Just saw it on CNN, seconds ago.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

you could at least say WHO!

Scotty. James Doohan, age 85.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Alsheimers and other anomolies. He is amazingly one of America's (and the world's) best loved characters right up there with donald duck, mickey mouse, and betty boop.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

God speed and full warp power Mr. Scott!

Reply to
nitram578

"I know this ship like the back of my hand."

Randy

<randyolb

And he's Canadian.

Did he ever become a citizen of the USA?

Reply to
shreadvector

.....*CLANK!* ;-)

Scotty was always my favorite character from the original series, even moreso than Spock and Kirk. If I had been born into that alternate reality, and I could have picked any career with Star Fleet, it would have been chief engineer on a starship (before they turned them into over-engineered luxury liners).

Reply to
Vince

Some of the best episodes of STNG was with the old cast.

No bloody A- B -C or D!

Randy

<randyolb

Yep, Scotty was always the "go to" guy.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

He beamed up to that great Transporter Room in the sky.

This is one of those things that can make you feel old, know what I mean?

raydunakin

Know exactly what you mean Ray! We're in that age group that remember when Star Trek was new, and got bummed when it was canceled.

Reply to
AZ Woody

Obviously he should have locked himself in a transporter pattern buffer until we come up with a cure for his ailments...

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Wipe your face!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

With all due respect, he did, in a different timeline.

Unfortunately this is the OTHER TIMELINE!

:)

Jerry

Remember the prime directive. Suffer the consequences.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"We're going nowhere. Mighty fast!"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I was thinking the same thing. Of course I have his image buffered in magnetic and optical media. They could always try the frozen head thing , or save clonable DNA samples.

Reply to
Alan Jones

A round of single malt for all, please.

Absent Friends.

*CRASH*

Bill Sullivan

"Now this is a drink for a man." -- Scott "Scotch?" -- Checkov "Aye." -- Scott "It vas inwented by a little old lady in Lenningrad." -- Checkov (The Trouble With Tribbles)

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

"It's ... it's green"

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

"What's this Mr. Scott?"

"We did it! You and me, drank him right under the table."

Gonna miss Scotty.

Randy

<randyolb