High power/ATF questions

http://www.whitecapdirect.com/store/worker?request=GetProduct&productID 036&destination=%2Fstore%2Fproduct-v2.0.jsp&from=drilldown
Probably cheaper
I know a bunch of people with these as mags

U.S. Explosive Storage advertise in Rockets MAgazine and their ad says that they give a 10% discount if you enter code ROCKETS44 when ordering via the internet. http://www.usexplosive.com /
What J mentioned looks nice but sometimes it is a hassle to get ATF to approve something that you made yourself.
Phil

I have a box from Merlin Missiles and it did not pass inspection by my ATF agent. I then purchased the usexplosives box. The agent took one look at it and said "that certainly meets all the regs and then some!"
Worth the money.

That's interesting. I bet more than half the rocket guys with a LEUP use that magazine. A few years ago there was a lock update to put on them that cost about $20 but that's the only issue I've heard of related to them. I forget who manufactures them but their web site did say they are an approved magazine.
Phil
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:08:09 -0500, "Epaphras" <mjmangieri at comcast dot net> wrote:

Yes, I had the lock upgrade, but still couldn't get it approved. Rather than fight I purchased the usaexplosives box.

Phil Stein wrote:

The ATF published a ruling on this:
http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/revrule/rules/2004-3.htm
--
David W. Schultz
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz /

In you opinion, do the magazines with the updated locks that MM sells confirm to this or not?
Phil
Phil Stein wrote:

I was under the impression that the ruling was a direct result of problems with and changes to this magazine. Or it might have been the one Magnum was selling although I think it was identical to this one.
I haven't seen the lock upgrade so I have no idea if it conforms to this ruling or not.
--
David W. Schultz

"Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it..." -
One additional problem with the Merlin box I received was that with one lock unlocked you could still open the box -- that was a definite no-no in the ATF's eyes. And I did show the upgraded lock set documentation to the agent --- didn't fly. She showed a counter letter of some sort. I was tired ot waiting and went for the other box. Sure, maybe I could have eventually won my case, but then again maybe all I would be able to do is get myself further embroiled in the issue of who's right and who's wrong. I have had a lot of battles to fight and so I pick the ones I can win and accept the ones I can't.