Irvine wishes Kosdon merry Christmas and Triano declares war.

Irvine wishes Kosdon merry Christmas and Triano declares war.
I find the recent exchange to be quintessentially Kosdon-esque. I do
something nice/helpful and I am "punished" for it and in the process my words and intentions are INTENTIONALLY MISCONSTRUED.
To wit:
quintessential (P)Pronunciation Key(kwnt-snshl) adj.
Of, relating to, or having the nature of a quintessence; being the most typical: Liszt was the quintessential romantic (Musical Heritage Review).
quintessential
\Quin`tes*sen"tial\, a. Of the nature of a quintessence; purest. ``Quintessential extract of mediocrity.'' --G. Eliot.
Jerry
"Gee I wonder how these rumours get started?" NOT!
We wISH you a merry seizure wISH you a merry seizure, we wISH you a merry seizure and a happy by-pass. Good surgeons we know, despite your health plan. We Wish you a fine recovery and less pain than last time.
To Wit: A-pol'og-ize, v., express regret, beg pardon. to suck it up, be a man.
I find it odd, it's always someone else's fault for mis-understanding your words.
Hmmm.
Joel. phx
"I'm sorry, my comment certainly wasn't appropriate in public, let alone apparently at a personal level"

One or two WITH AGENDAS "claimed" I meant Frank should have another heart attack immediately, which of course required taking two words entirely out of and reverse the context of the remaining post.
The remainder of the adult population understood it precisely as intended and stated. So given the "common man" got it right and only the "war mongers" got it wrong and even persisted getting it wrong AFTER several clarifications were posted, one has to come to SOME rational endpoint.
Having an agenda clouds your judgement and your ethics and your conclusions. Simple. Fact.
Jerry

your
Not knowing your relationship with the individual in question, I too thought it an odd comment to make. Apparently, since the person in question didn't feel it was appropriate, I wasn't that far off. But,.. far be it for me to interrupt the name calling and useless posts. I'll add yet another rmr filter.
Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.
Joel. phx

I've only seen one "war monger" posting outside the origial {filtered christmas} thread.

Joel Corwith wrote:

It appears I might need to clarify my own stand on the subject.
I, personally, didn't see it as an attack.
Tasteless, yes. On par with telling an off-color joke in mixed company. But, given what I've seen of Jerry on rmr, it didn't seem as anything other than a 'sick' joke.
I don't want folks to think I tell those kinds of jokes (well, at least, not often <G>). And I CERTAINLY wouldn't want people to think that that kind of humor is funny (unfortunately, my kids have to tell me this quite often...)
But, Jerry, it DOES appear that you were perhaps 'unwise' in your choice of humor, given the personalities involved. It probably would have gone over well with guys you hang around with after work, shooting the breeze, or having a beer. Given the previous level of antagonism and the personalities involved, though, it was probably not the best choice of words...
David Erbas-White

Hence the clarification with the offending two words removed but the discussion did not morph to the clarification. It stayed fixated (JoelC, DaveT) on the careless post. Typical rmr.
My kid bought "candy" that has the following flavors: vomit earwax grass ...
you get the idea.
Kids these days are into the gross and the rude and I am surrounded by kids. Thank god. The adults in rocketry are far more infantile and fly far fewer rockets.
Jerry

What a waste of time this is. Can we all tell Jerry is back? Once again RMR goes to the dogs.
I'm glad Jerry has been booted from the mainstream.
Golf nut wrote:

Mainstream? What's a mainstream? Is that some kinda travel trailer or something? :)
-dave w
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:23:28 -0800, David Weinshenker

That would be an "Airstream".
What a waste this place is.
PLONK and goodbye.
"See ya later alligator, don't forget to write"
- Blaine the Mono, in "The Wizards Glass", by Stephen King
Golf nut wrote:

sorry, it was book III not IV in "The Gunslinger" series
"The Wastelands", by Stephen King
- iz
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:40:56 GMT, Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Wrong book!

It's a pop up, not to be confused with an Air Stream. ; )
Randy

ROFL...
Hey, that gives me an Idea for my next rocket project... <weg>.
~ Duane Phillips.