Launch Rod Material

Which reminds me. Where's the screen credits?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stine used to make his own motors, not a commercial product such as the Roc-a-chutes.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

kevin: this is the first I have heard this.... when was mr.stine making these ex motors? I know the first rock-a-chute motors were hand pressed by orville carlisle. what moters are we talking about here? when wss this done?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

As I said before, he was making his own motors, for his own use. There is no other way to answer the question. They weren't commercial, they were experimental.

It's old news, it's been known for a good long time, and there are numerous people still around who were also making motors way back when Stine was who weren't very happy with him suddenly calling them "basement bombers", when he'd been doing the exact same thing himself for years.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

kevin: ahh well, if its old news this is the first time I have heard it....

who told you this? this reeks of revisonist history to slime G.Harry to me.... so identify these people publicly that say G.Harry used to roll his own back in the day....

sorta like the same crowd who puts forth that George S. James (founder of RRS) may be the actual "father of model rocketry" instead of Orville Carlisle..?

if you don't want to respond to this here in RMR, email me privately....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

It has been posted numerous places by numerous people, and was also told directly to me by someone who was involved in the hobby back in the 40s and 50s -- Bill Colburn. But, he's not the only reputable source I've heard it from.

Ever hear the adage "the winners get to write history"? Well, in model rocketry, Stine was one of the "winners", so he got to bury that little nugget.

Believe it or don't; it's the truth and I'm done with the subject.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

kevin: now don't be running off after you post something like this....don't do a driveby shhoting then take off ...

You say A Bill Colburn told you this? and who is Bill Colburn and when supposedly did he know G.Harry? Lets heres some additional names of people who told you this...

What proof did they offer you when they told you this? Did they say, "You know, I knew G.Harry back in the day and he also was doing his own AR/EX stuff"... and thats it?

I assume you know who David Sleeter is? Well, Mr. Sletter and I had a very interesting email conversation about the "'demonization of AR" and you might be surprised to see who was actually behind the effort.... I have no doubt that G.Harry spread "fear and loathing" for AR..... and I have no doubt why he did it:

  1. People where maiming and blowing themselves up.....THIS IS A FACT....I have documented this in numerous newpapers of the day.....

  1. There is NO doubt that Model Rocketry as opposed to AR is a order of magnitude safer......

  2. Theres no doubt in my mind, that G.Harry had an "economic self-interest" in promoting model rocketry and disregarding AR: can you say MMI ?

When it comes down to it, G.Harry, the NAR and Estes just jumped on a "corporate" bandwagon(which doesn't make it right) to "demonize" AR.....

If you would like the details of this corporate "behind the scenes efforts" I can send you privately the email converstaion and you can decide for yourself who wanted AR dead.....

just becauuse somebody tells you something doesn't make it true....did anybody that told you any of this provide any background proof to back up their claims? most of these people have axes to grind, so now they bring them out against a man who cannot defend himself because he is DEAD.......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Tripoli invented EX out of thin air.

In law there is only amateur and commercial.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

kevin: I just discovered who Bill Colburn is and have emailed him myself..it will be interesting to hear what he has to say and what evidence he has to back it up...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

They bought George's how-to book.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree with Troj.

A second hand source.

Not very many. Saddam had "WMD" too, just not very much.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Think about it... There were no commercial motors in the beginning! Everything was EX!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Az woody: I understand that "in the beginning" there were no commercial motors.... so anything prior to commercial motors obviously was AR/EX motors.... but with that said, that's completely different from claiming that G.Harry was involved with AR/Ex prior to his model rocketry days... I can see where he and other used rock-a-chutes before they were first okayed by the BOE,etc, thereby making them "AR/Ex"motors..but thats different then what Kevin and you seem to be saying, that even prior to rock-a-chutes, G.Harry was making his own motors.... I'm not saying he didn't do thta, but i want to se some backstory about it..

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

needs a downloadable version so we can watch full screen!

Reply to
tater schuld

Yea Kevin. THis weenie has to beat it to death so he can come up with a conspiracy theory.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Woody, stop stating the obvious, some don't getit, and should be embarrassed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Somebody warn Bill.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

as usual phil, you have nothing positive to contribute to yet another thread..... As we all learned earlier, you continue to stalk me and harass me cause you evidently haven;t got anything else to do in your miserable lame life...oh wait a minute, I take that back, you do have time to stalk and harass JI on a regular basis........

IF you did this stalking and harassment to people in the real world, you'd be in jail....

you need to get some psychiatric help you get over your obsessive-compulsion behaviors...

eat shit and die phil.....

terry dean

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

well at least I "get it" as far as NOT shipping rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Sorry, Terry, but it's obvious to me from your replies that you've very much made up your mind as to the validity of my statements. That makes the entire conversation rather pointless.

Considering that you've now fired off a "this person claimed you said this" to the one name I did give you, and the fact that the tone is likely in the same vein as what you've posted here, it doesn't make me want to provide you any other names to go pester. Sorry, but pestering is the only appropriate description.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski