Launch Rod Material

Something interesting I've seen recently is 'mini-rail'. The buttons are tiny, much smaller than standard rail buttons.

I've also seen a hinged rail (not sure if it was mini-or standard) which folded in half, either for small stuff or storage/transport.

Colin makes buttons which are like a mini version of the normal rail buttons, and also a nice guide which is like a mini-version of the ACME rail guides, but milled out of phenolic (Tufnol) sheet.

May be of some interest, overkill perhaps for really small stuff but for MPR?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Thanks for the link. One site I haven't looked at before.

Got more browsing to do but it looks promising. I may turn into a MR rail convert after all.... :-)

Those 24mm retainers look great as does the other coloured retainers. Have to see what's left on the Credit Card............

Thanks again. Some top gear! Clint

Reply to
CJC

How small is this rail? The top view looks like "8020".

I've been looking for a small rail for comptition models.

Bob Kaplow

I don't think it ever really caught on, but I remember Estes had a modroc-sized "C-Rail" in their catalog years ago.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I still havee one, somewhere. But it's not quite what I'm looking for to use with competition models. Gliders no less!

Bob Kaplow